Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: WK308-A. The concept

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    When I say "Utility" I am thinking "Low cost" and "No frills", there are lot's of high quality semi auto rifles on the market with the corresponding high price, they have all the " bells and whistles " . I am thinking that our market is starved of good value for money entry level rifles that actually deliver what they are claimed to be, I don't expect purchasers of my rifles to have to rebuild them at their own exspence just to give basic performance, that should be guaranteed out of the box. It is another matter for a new owner to refinish with his favorite colour, change the caliber or fit a match grade barrel, that is above and beyond, technically that would also void the warranty, although I would never use this as an excuse to duck out of any obligation I felt was reasonable.

Question: What do you want as a "dry" weight?
    In this case your mission statement is quite easy (to define, not so easy to succeed): beat the BCL102 in term of quality/price ratio. Either make it better for the same price, or equal for a lower price. You'll sell more if you can do equal for a lower price, but either would be a step ahead.

Well, this will have lots of us doing a happy dance. As for dry weight, needs to be under 8 pounds and use SR25 pattern / XCR-M Pistol mags.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Is it a scaled up WK180-C?
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by megahurts View Post
    I’m looking for Wolverine’s answer as to what’s possible and to provide them with my input, not to have someone else telling me what I should want. You don’t want it, whatever. The 308 is 1000 yard capable so why wouldn’t I want sub MOA? If I only want to hit targets at 300 yards I can use a 7.62x39 or 223. Also, where are these non-restricted, sub MOA, semis for $3k. I’ve tried a lot and they aren’t really out there.
    Well for one sub MOA and semi auto are almost mutually exclusive right off the bat so that's the first non realistic expectation of yours which is exactly my point. There was the Modern Hunter for one off the top of my head that professed MOA accuracy out of a $3K NR semi auto. I doubt it was. Some people were telling tall tales of the BCL 102 being sub MOA so that's another one. Again, likely BS but that's exactly my point; when you try to make a sub MOA .308 semi auto it ends up being very expensive and also NOT sub MOA. Sorry it also ends up being extremely heavy, ublanaced overpriced and also not sub MOA. Basically expectations like this end up becoming abortions like the 102.
    It's pointless. You can get sub MOA with a blueprinted rem 700 for a fraction of the cost.
    What you're essentially saying is that the input you want them to take from you on a simple, light, cheap semi auto .308 blaster is "make it shoot like a PGW Coyote but in semi auto even if it costs $3K".....
    #### me right? lol Welcome to public forums.
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nowarningshot's Avatar
    $1500, available in all 308 family calibers. Two moa or less. Pick the three most common upgrades, say trigger, foreend, buttstock.......put good ones in so we don't have to bother.
    A free society must outlaw harming innocent people to function, but when we seek to curtail what all of us can do, rather than holding each of us responsible for what we actually do, we give up on freedom itself.

Would be smart to have it use a two pin receiver for added strength to handle that 308 and maybe a limited run to look like the original ar 16 (bit more pricey off course)
    Eeat more Ovaltine

If you want a cheapish sub moa gun. Pick your favorite bolt gun brand, bed it and give it good glass. A gas gun lile this needs to be less than 4 moa and everyone will gladly drop $1200 to 1500 into it. Dont get me wrong, if there is a cheap run and gun cheapy toss around 308 rifle that does moa or less, i will gladly give my left nuts for it

CGN Ultra frequent flyer phillyblt's Avatar
    8 Pounds and under if possible
    Non reciprocating charging handle
    Sr 25 mags
    maybe m lok instead of pic rails to keep weight down
    And a huge Rambo looking bayonette ( I love knifes lol)
    Under 2k
    All that and ill take 2 maybe 3 lol
    Don't miss... I won't...

Yeah I’m keen on almost all your projects so just let me see if I can sneak it into the budget with the wife.

Much more then $1500 I’d be out.
    If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.
    Dalai Lama XIV