Thread: WK308-A. The concept

CGN Ultra frequent flyer drifter dave's Avatar
    I'm assuming this will need a new FRT?
    So 3 years out?
    G96 smells awesome.
    Member, CSSA & CCFR.

Agree +1

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    Nah man, there's 2 of us. I thought was the only one, preaching in the desert, but seems like there's 2 of us who'd like unlimited mags. I guess others are happy to argue about 5 or 10 rounds.
    3 of us now.

CGN Regular
    can you guys explain what magazine you are referring to?

orcare they imaginary magazines

Quote Originally Posted by DinduNuffin View Post
    X2 on the ambi eject
    x3 On reversible ejection and charging handle.
    Ambidextrous safety, mag release and bolt release.

SR25 mags as you said.

Under 8 pounds.

AR grip and buttstock. AR handguard and trigger if possible.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    - George Mason

CGN frequent flyer
    Honest question. There is what a 1500+ rifle backlog of WK180s with estimated year+ of production. Would you not be better off putting everything into getting those out the door first. To often i see in manufacturing company's (not just firearms) try to launch so many products so quickly that they never get anything out on time. I figure you guys thought of this and are thinking of another way. I was 25th or so in line on the preorder for WK180, 50th for the fx-9 and likely would be in on this as well but I feel bad for folks who have to wait a year for thier 180 while these get slotted ahead. Lots of great stuff coming from you guys but lots of backlog also.

Keep up the great work wolverine.
    Take someone shooting - Encourage someone to get a Pal/ RPal

CGN Regular
    Unrestricted.
    Light.
    Accurate.

I think many people are further willing to upgrade their bolt rifles, than to invest thousands into paper punchers.
    I personally ordered the BCL, as it hits 90% of what I need. Accuracy, rattly stock, and heavy handguard are all fixable things.
    My concept is a 9lb rifle (including Nikon hunting scope, or Leupold tactical AR scope 4-12) and hit MOA thanks to better trigger, and reloads.
    Still heavier than my savage 110, but small price to pay for a "Do it all" universal rifle.

Being 308, with 7.62 surplus, it is still fun to shoot at the range or sand pit. (Not allowed to shoot a restricted at the sand pit)

In short, it's a long distance range gun, a "fun" sand pit plinking gun, and a decent hunting gun...
    Then it's ONE gun to customize, one to clean and maintain, and one to keep in the gun safe.

I would have never ordered the BCL if I wasn't getting an AR type, hunting rifle, fun to plink with, and bear protection gun all in one.
    Since I am replacing the Savage 110(hunting), short barreled 12 gauge (bear), and potential AR fun gun, the price of 1700 seems easier to swallow.

Not many want to invest thousands into a range only restricted rifle.
    And from experience, those hunters in more remote areas, have NO CLUE about modern hunting rifles, and that they exist.

Untapped potential in sales for sure, and BCL might be first affordable one, doesn't mean I wouldn't pay 2k for a "pre upgraded" 308.

Low price, working 100% out of the box. AR modularity for parts, internal and external. Then we can go from your store to the bush, warm it up, then go straight back to your store so we can put all sorts of furniture on it. Win win win.
    X22
    There's a bullet in my pocket burnin' a hole

CCFR

CGN Regular
    7lbs dry
    $1800 price point
    sr25/m14 mags (mossberg did it)
    rifle length gas system- nice recoil impulse
    mlok handguard- 15" min, super slim
    threaded barrel w/ thread protector no muzzle device, medium or slim profile
    knurled charging handle
    1/10 barrel twist
    optics ready- pic rail
    magpul acs buttstock

Super Moderator
    If the rifle were designed and manufactured to use AICS pattern magazines, would that make all AICS pattern magazines subject to 5 round limit?

Look what happened with the Ruger 10/22 magazine.