Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: WK308-A. The concept

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by drifter dave View Post
    I'm assuming this will need a new FRT?
    So 3 years out?
    Mr wolverine don't care about FRT it's just a guideline anyway. As long as it meets the criteria of a non restricted he will make it for us. The 180c still has no frt and we will be shooting them next month��

Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    If the rifle were designed and manufactured to use AICS pattern magazines, would that make all AICS pattern magazines subject to 5 round limit?

Look what happened with the Ruger 10/22 magazine.
    That pretty much sums up my thoughts.

I think in reality mag limits are whatever the RCMP wants, facts suitably bent to suit the desired outcome.
    CSSA and now - on Trudeau's recommendation - CCFR

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    If the rifle were designed and manufactured to use AICS pattern magazines, would that make all AICS pattern magazines subject to 5 round limit?

Look what happened with the Ruger 10/22 magazine.
    Nicely said.

XCR-M mags guys. Don’t think yah the envelope.

SR25 mags is by far the best way to go. Light and freefloat rail.

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    Well for one sub MOA and semi auto are almost mutually exclusive right off the bat so that's the first non realistic expectation of yours which is exactly my point. There was the Modern Hunter for one off the top of my head that professed MOA accuracy out of a $3K NR semi auto. I doubt it was. Some people were telling tall tales of the BCL 102 being sub MOA so that's another one. Again, likely BS but that's exactly my point; when you try to make a sub MOA .308 semi auto it ends up being very expensive and also NOT sub MOA. Sorry it also ends up being extremely heavy, ublanaced overpriced and also not sub MOA. Basically expectations like this end up becoming abortions like the 102.
    It's pointless. You can get sub MOA with a blueprinted rem 700 for a fraction of the cost.
    What you're essentially saying is that the input you want them to take from you on a simple, light, cheap semi auto .308 blaster is "make it shoot like a PGW Coyote but in semi auto even if it costs $3K".....
    #### me right? lol Welcome to public forums.
    Lol are you ever off base. There are a tonne of sub MOA semis out there - I have two myself. The problem is that they are restricted so there’s no hope in ever taking them out in the field. Oh, and guess what, they aren’t even that heavy. Oh, and guess what, one is even less than $3k. The modern sporter has been advertised as sub MOA capable but I’ve never seen a published review that shows this to be true. Also, as you seem to recognize, the 102 isn’t what anyone would call a sub MOA gun.

Also, I’m well aware that you can buy a bolty for less and it can shoot sub MOA. But you know what? I want a semi. I want a semi that shoots sub MOA and I want it for less than $3k. Do I expect it? No, I’m not a five year old the night before Christmas but I want it so I posted for Wolverine to see. Unfortunately it was also seen by someone who thinks we should all think like them. No wonder us gun owners can’t be a strong enough group to push back against the liberal agenda. You’d be the guy saying you want such and such and anything else is for idiots.

I don’t know if you think you’re somehow a hero protecting Wolverine from input or just a close minded, blowhard who thinks talking the loudest will somehow cover up for his lack of factual knowledge but it doesn’t matter in the end I suppose. Have a good life bro and if you feel the need to respond please pm me so everyone else doesn’t have to see your ignorance. Oh and apologies to all for this diversion, I’m done with it.
    Last edited by megahurts; 04-17-2018 at 11:37 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Coming soon will be our introduction to the WK308-A, hopefully I will be test firing the pre-production prototype with in the next four weeks. The design is 95% completed, I am very excited, I think she is good, but then I am biased. No pre-orders for a long long time, but please feel free to speculate, what would you, the end user like to see? What would be a good target retail price for a no frills, utility, semi auto, non-restricted rifle?

More to follow!
    As light or lighter than the POF Revolution. (7.3lb)
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by YoungestPiperCub View Post
    Honest question. There is what a 1500+ rifle backlog of WK180s with estimated year+ of production. Would you not be better off putting everything into getting those out the door first. To often i see in manufacturing company's (not just firearms) try to launch so many products so quickly that they never get anything out on time. I figure you guys thought of this and are thinking of another way. I was 25th or so in line on the preorder for WK180, 50th for the fx-9 and likely would be in on this as well but I feel bad for folks who have to wait a year for thier 180 while these get slotted ahead. Lots of great stuff coming from you guys but lots of backlog also.

Keep up the great work wolverine.
    I fully concur but we must also keep up with some limited R&R so we remain competitive.

I'd like to see a piston driven gun that has quick change barrel options.243, 338f etc.... with moderate accuracy 1-1.5 moa and be in the mid price range $2000-2500 uses sr 25 mags, and ar 15 hand guards, I love my rob arms xcrs but don't think the gun is worth +3g, or the fact I can't get a lower upper set for the ra to build as I need.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer norlandgeese's Avatar
    I cannot emphasize more about reliability, all fancy features are useless IF I cannot trust that it will cycle reliably and every trigger pull goes bang.
    Mismatch is the new black

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    I fully concur but we must also keep up with some limited R&R so we remain competitive.
    100% agree. It is a tough balance. We all love new toys but you guys are knocking it out of the park!
    Take someone shooting - Encourage someone to get a Pal/ RPal