WK308-A. The concept

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I say "Utility" I am thinking "Low cost" and "No frills", there are lot's of high quality semi auto rifles on the market with the corresponding high price, they have all the " bells and whistles " . I am thinking that our market is starved of good value for money entry level rifles that actually deliver what they are claimed to be, I don't expect purchasers of my rifles to have to rebuild them at their own exspence just to give basic performance, that should be guaranteed out of the box. It is another matter for a new owner to refinish with his favorite colour, change the caliber or fit a match grade barrel, that is above and beyond, technically that would also void the warranty, although I would never use this as an excuse to duck out of any obligation I felt was reasonable.

Question: What do you want as a "dry" weight?

Don’t get forced down the super heavy match barrel sub MOA game, minute of doe heart while not so front heavy is perfect.

But please do make it Geissele compatible.

And make it super easy to field strip and clean.

AR compatible grip and stock for swapping.

And LRBHO.

Speaking of finish, plain anodized for preference over that coloured paint rubbish that does nothing but muck up tolerances

Pistol mag compatable would be a bonus

You know of any pistol mags for .308?

It would be better if it could accept a bolt action rifle mag, like savage model 10 or remington 700. That way some enterprising company could make after market 20/30 round savage model 10 magazines...

Should probably get the savage model 10 magazines to market first though...

You know of any pistol mags for .308?

It would be better if it could accept a bolt action rifle mag, like savage model 10 or remington 700. That way some enterprising company could make after market 20/30 round savage model 10 magazines...

Should probably get the savage model 10 magazines to market first though...

XCR-M pistol mags come to mind....

Could use the nice 10rnd polymer mags like my Vanguard 1500 with the Legacy DBM kit has as well...

Magazines: if we use the M14 (which are no longer an international standard, read obsolete, like the excellent FN FAL mag) we can use the 10 rd AIA mag, for how long? Or we use the SR25 type which is fast becoming a new standard and allows the use of the XCR-M 10 rd mag, but again for how long?

Your choice?

Magazines: if we use the M14 (which are no longer an international standard, read obsolete, like the excellent FN FAL mag) we can use the 10 rd AIA mag, for how long? Or we use the SR25 type which is fast becoming a new standard and allows the use of the XCR-M 10 rd mag, but again for how long?

Your choice?

Better going with modern standard.

Your choice?

Is that right, you could use an existing 10 round rifle mag? I thought it had to be a ‘pistol’ mag to be ok for 10 rounds. Like I know that the xcr mag is acceptable because it’s used in their rifle caliber pistols and is physically marked as “pistol”. Interesting.

Your choice?

Didn't like the idea of using a bolt action rifle magazine?

Is that right, you could use an existing 10 round rifle mag? I thought it had to be a ‘pistol’ mag to be ok for 10 rounds. Like I know that the xcr mag is acceptable because it’s used in their rifle caliber pistols and is physically marked as “pistol”. Interesting.

It could use a 100 rd rifle magazine, if the magazine in question was designed for use in a BOLT ACTION.

Your choice?

modern mags please. there's already a sub 1k 308 semi in canada that takes m14 mags...

or alternately, AICS mags? lends to an ambi release, and there's 5 and 10 rounders for 308

not sure if this would be possible.. but could the lower be made long enough for 300/338 AICS mags, and use a reducer block for initial 308 config? allows for some serious caliber options in future

probably too elaborate for the intended price point.. but if you can do a 308 util rifle under 8 lbs, at a price not too far beyond the 180C I'm in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom