WK308-A. The concept

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I say "Utility" I am thinking "Low cost" and "No frills", there are lot's of high quality semi auto rifles on the market with the corresponding high price, they have all the " bells and whistles " . I am thinking that our market is starved of good value for money entry level rifles that actually deliver what they are claimed to be, I don't expect purchasers of my rifles to have to rebuild them at their own exspence just to give basic performance, that should be guaranteed out of the box. It is another matter for a new owner to refinish with his favorite colour, change the caliber or fit a match grade barrel, that is above and beyond, technically that would also void the warranty, although I would never use this as an excuse to duck out of any obligation I felt was reasonable.

Question: What do you want as a "dry" weight?

In this case your mission statement is quite easy (to define, not so easy to succeed): beat the BCL102 in term of quality/price ratio. Either make it better for the same price, or equal for a lower price. You'll sell more if you can do equal for a lower price, but either would be a step ahead.

I’m looking for Wolverine’s answer as to what’s possible and to provide them with my input, not to have someone else telling me what I should want. You don’t want it, whatever. The 308 is 1000 yard capable so why wouldn’t I want sub MOA? If I only want to hit targets at 300 yards I can use a 7.62x39 or 223. Also, where are these non-restricted, sub MOA, semis for $3k. I’ve tried a lot and they aren’t really out there.

Well for one sub MOA and semi auto are almost mutually exclusive right off the bat so that's the first non realistic expectation of yours which is exactly my point. There was the Modern Hunter for one off the top of my head that professed MOA accuracy out of a $3K NR semi auto. I doubt it was. Some people were telling tall tales of the BCL 102 being sub MOA so that's another one. Again, likely BS but that's exactly my point; when you try to make a sub MOA .308 semi auto it ends up being very expensive and also NOT sub MOA. Sorry it also ends up being extremely heavy, ublanaced overpriced and also not sub MOA. Basically expectations like this end up becoming abortions like the 102.
It's pointless. You can get sub MOA with a blueprinted rem 700 for a fraction of the cost.
What you're essentially saying is that the input you want them to take from you on a simple, light, cheap semi auto .308 blaster is "make it shoot like a PGW Coyote but in semi auto even if it costs $3K".....
#### me right? lol Welcome to public forums.

Would be smart to have it use a two pin receiver for added strength to handle that 308 and maybe a limited run to look like the original ar 16 (bit more pricey off course)
latest

If you want a cheapish sub moa gun. Pick your favorite bolt gun brand, bed it and give it good glass. A gas gun lile this needs to be less than 4 moa and everyone will gladly drop $1200 to 1500 into it. Dont get me wrong, if there is a cheap run and gun cheapy toss around 308 rifle that does moa or less, i will gladly give my left nuts for it

8 Pounds and under if possible
Non reciprocating charging handle
Sr 25 mags
maybe m lok instead of pic rails to keep weight down
And a huge Rambo looking bayonette ( I love knifes lol)
Under 2k
All that and ill take 2 maybe 3 lol

Honest question. There is what a 1500+ rifle backlog of WK180s with estimated year+ of production. Would you not be better off putting everything into getting those out the door first. To often i see in manufacturing company's (not just firearms) try to launch so many products so quickly that they never get anything out on time. I figure you guys thought of this and are thinking of another way. I was 25th or so in line on the preorder for WK180, 50th for the fx-9 and likely would be in on this as well but I feel bad for folks who have to wait a year for thier 180 while these get slotted ahead. Lots of great stuff coming from you guys but lots of backlog also.

Keep up the great work wolverine.

Unrestricted.
Light.
Accurate.

I think many people are further willing to upgrade their bolt rifles, than to invest thousands into paper punchers.
I personally ordered the BCL, as it hits 90% of what I need. Accuracy, rattly stock, and heavy handguard are all fixable things.
My concept is a 9lb rifle (including Nikon hunting scope, or Leupold tactical AR scope 4-12) and hit MOA thanks to better trigger, and reloads.
Still heavier than my savage 110, but small price to pay for a "Do it all" universal rifle.

Being 308, with 7.62 surplus, it is still fun to shoot at the range or sand pit. (Not allowed to shoot a restricted at the sand pit)

In short, it's a long distance range gun, a "fun" sand pit plinking gun, and a decent hunting gun...
Then it's ONE gun to customize, one to clean and maintain, and one to keep in the gun safe.

I would have never ordered the BCL if I wasn't getting an AR type, hunting rifle, fun to plink with, and bear protection gun all in one.
Since I am replacing the Savage 110(hunting), short barreled 12 gauge (bear), and potential AR fun gun, the price of 1700 seems easier to swallow.

Not many want to invest thousands into a range only restricted rifle.
And from experience, those hunters in more remote areas, have NO CLUE about modern hunting rifles, and that they exist.

Untapped potential in sales for sure, and BCL might be first affordable one, doesn't mean I wouldn't pay 2k for a "pre upgraded" 308.

Low price, working 100% out of the box. AR modularity for parts, internal and external. Then we can go from your store to the bush, warm it up, then go straight back to your store so we can put all sorts of furniture on it. Win win win.

7lbs dry
$1800 price point
sr25/m14 mags (mossberg did it)
rifle length gas system- nice recoil impulse
mlok handguard- 15" min, super slim
threaded barrel w/ thread protector no muzzle device, medium or slim profile
knurled charging handle
1/10 barrel twist
optics ready- pic rail
magpul acs buttstock

If the rifle were designed and manufactured to use AICS pattern magazines, would that make all AICS pattern magazines subject to 5 round limit?

Look what happened with the Ruger 10/22 magazine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom