Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Troublesome attempt at EE transaction

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    This is interesting.

Last time I ordered a firearm online from a dealer I had to send a scanned copy of my PAL they said the information wasn't enough alone and it was one of the dealer sponsors above in the banner.
    A dealer I still don’t understand the scan, but I could understand why they wont accept a scan because you have people here demanding scans lol anyone could use that scan to purchase a firearm with someone else’s license. BUT a license in conjunction with a phone number and mail in address make sense. Then at worst a firearm is ordered to your home address?
    If you want to buy a gun by law you’ll have to show a license at the point of purchase. Right now that’s not a requirement. -The Prime Mistake, Little Castreau 03/20/2018

Quote Originally Posted by adamthaggan View Post
    .........I’ve been told this site has a problem with scammers and frankly, to stay away from it. ...........do you find scammers to be a problem on the EE?
    I recommend this site to all family and friends.
    I have never found scammers to be a problem, quite the opposite.
    Make certain that you Enjoy life! You are never going to be younger than you are today.

I have purchased from 3 different dealers on here each one requested a scanned copy of my PAL

A dealer I still don’t understand the scan, but I could understand why they wont accept a scan because you have people here demanding scans lol anyone could use that scan to purchase a firearm with someone else’s license. BUT a license in conjunction with a phone number and mail in address make sense. Then at worst a firearm is ordered to your home address?
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta) Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013) OFAH Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fisselig View Post
    Huh. I didn't know that! I've done a couple of transactions for my restricteds through Gunpost and the buyers didn't have an issue sending me a picture of their PAL, strategically placed so with their personal info (like DOB and Address) on the card wasn't visible but it ensured that their PAL was valid and that they had the proper license.
    To OP - yeah, if the seller immediately wants your info without, for me at least, talking a bit about what they have and perhaps haggling or whatever, and just wants your money, I'd say it's a bit of a red flag. Especially since they didn't want to tell you more about the item when you asked - that to me is the biggest red flag.
    No address on a PAL...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer saskgunowner101's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironheart View Post
    Just the other day I was looking at buying a non restricted off EE.....guy would not even move any further without a copy of my PAL....told him all I need to send you is my name and PAL number.....he would not accept that....and this a a member of CGN with over 100 feedbacks all 100%......NO DEAL.......a full pic of my PAL will NEVER be sent
    So, he has to just take your word and trust the number you provide is legit, yet you can't take his word that all he wants to do is verify that he saw your pal, and will delete it?
    Needing Husqvarna 77 chainsaw parts to bring a beast back from the dead...

Quote Originally Posted by saskgunowner101 View Post
    So, he has to just take your word and trust the number you provide is legit, yet you can't take his word that all he wants to do is verify that he saw your pal, and will delete it?
    If the number is no good won’t the CFP shoot it down pretty well immediately? I’m trying out an exchange currently and we’ll see how it turns out. So far so good. No picture of pal. Also relinquished EMT against my better judgement but that seems to be the norm so here goes
    If you want to buy a gun by law you’ll have to show a license at the point of purchase. Right now that’s not a requirement. -The Prime Mistake, Little Castreau 03/20/2018

CGN Ultra frequent flyer saskgunowner101's Avatar
    If the number is no good won’t the CFP shoot it down pretty well immediately? I’m trying out an exchange currently and we’ll see how it turns out. So far so good. No picture of pal. Also relinquished EMT against my better judgement but that seems to be the norm so here goes
    Calling in isn't a requirement ( anymore, for now at least).
    Needing Husqvarna 77 chainsaw parts to bring a beast back from the dead...

Never, ever send anyone a scan of your PAL. I did and it was photoshopped and used to scam people on other sites. After answering questions from several police agencies across the country, the Alberta CFO called me down to his office and determined that I needed a new PAL number, which is almost never done. I had to go through the application process all over and then transfer all my firearms from old number to the new one. Another PIA cause they had no idea how to do that. Anyway no money lost but big inconvenience to say the least.

I give a seller my name and PAL number but no scan
    "If you don’t read the newspaper, you’re uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you’re misinformed." - Mark Twain

CSSA & CCFR Member

CGN Regular
    Last edited by 5.45; 12-06-2019 at 10:42 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    As tiriaq has pointed out there must have been a reason for the other guy to walk away.
    It is either of our choices to continue a transaction.

I have recently added a disclaimer to my EE adverts and is as follows Effective April 07 /18, I may no longer respond to inquiries or sell to newbies with "0" trader rating, it's unfortunate but a few have totally wasted my time of late with either ridiculous demands, backed-out after a closing deal, poor etiquette/manners, deficient social skills, etc... to who I credit frigoman for a version he uses.

I may not be popular with this , but having dealt with a few newbie and some not so newbish I decided enough was enough.
    Also, it does not mean I will not conduct a deal if we are in agreement on the basics with mutual respect to the buyer or it goes the other way too as a seller and I am the buyer.

My suggestion is to kick back , have a cappafrappalatte flat white with extra steamed Homogonized milk and find another pistol/revolver to buy in the EE.
    Not everyone is paranoid we just be a littel cautious is all.

Rob
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast