DA50 .50 BMG 1:8 or 1:15 twist?

1:8 or 1:15 twist rate for future DA50s

• 1:8

Votes: 27 24.8%
  • 1:15

Votes: 82 75.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 in 8 is awfully steep twist for a 50 cal. Thinking throat erosion, velocity loss, over stabilized bullets. I could maybe see a subtle increase like 1 in 12 IF THERE IS A REASON for it. Most likely they meant 1 in 18.

Who's making the barrels? I'd have to ask myself if I would really want them making my barrels as they clearly lack some .50 knowledge with such a suggestion for a 1-8.

I saw a short little bear defence carbine length rifle version that was done and I can see a 1:8 in that... so maybe offer both and get twice as many 1:8 barrels out of the same length blank as you would the 1:15?

Yes, we are working on the next run and trying to make sure everything is correct. All customers who need a replacement will get it before they go for sale.

Did you guys know what kind of length and profile they will have? I'm quite partial to mine with the fluting. The muzzle brake also works like a charm.....

Did you guys know what kind of length and profile they will have? I'm quite partial to mine with the fluting. The muzzle brake also works like a charm.....

I'm curious if there's any more news on a potential date for this and if my original question might be answered yet?

Back
Top Bottom