Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HK XM-8: What Was it and Why? (With Larry Vickers)

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    That's awesome. It was an experimental rifle developed for replacement for the M16/M4. It was canceled after years of R&D with the loss financially falling on HK of course to help them on the way to bankruptcy (see also G11, same thing happened). At best you can have Tommy convert an SL8 to an XM8 but the cost and red tape to have that done for you in the US will be epic.

Moe
    So when you think the ETA is?

Quote Originally Posted by MuffinMerc View Post
    So when you think the ETA is?
    Already available....if you want to pony up the $$

http://www.rksplus.com/epages/lno1J3...ducts/HKXM8KIT
    - God created the Earth, Mauser drew the property lines
    - Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
    - Member NFA/CSSA/NRA/RCAF/CPC

wow.. 1400 pounds.... What is the plastic made of unicorn piss?

Eta?

Try... never. A wholesaler posts a link to a youtube video about a historical rifle, and everyone immediately flips into "dream the dream" mode.

That's Canada for you. The government/RCMP is moving fairly quickly to block/eliminate/prohibit all "military style" semi-auto rifles, and rather than do anything about it, we are all still dreaming the dream of our next black rifle fantasy.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mebiuspower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teller View Post
    Already available....if you want to pony up the $$

http://www.rksplus.com/epages/lno1J3...ducts/HKXM8KIT
    Hmm... do I want a fish or a boat?

Quote Originally Posted by ghostie View Post
    Eta?

Try... never. A wholesaler posts a link to a youtube video about a historical rifle, and everyone immediately flips into "dream the dream" mode.

That's Canada for you. The government/RCMP is moving fairly quickly to block/eliminate/prohibit all "military style" semi-auto rifles, and rather than do anything about it, we are all still dreaming the dream of our next black rifle fantasy.
    ^ this!

While they are expensive to convert, they are insane rifles. I am going to get mine done when I can scrape enough bread together.
    Heckler and Koch - USP Tactical 45 Match/Hybrid LEM - Best trigger setup for any USP!!
    Heckler and Koch - USP Elite 9mm Match/Hybrid LEM!
    Smith and Wesson 1076-FBI 10mm 4.25" 200gr@1225fps!!!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ghostie View Post
    Eta?

Yay Canadians. Lol

Why? In essence it's an SL8 in a body kit with an over priced red dot and flip up sights. None of the developments talked about in that video will exist in a conversion (trunion heating issues, modularity upgrades). It just strikes me like it's a lot of cash to dress up an already excellent rifle with more plastic to make it more bulky for no gain whatsoever.

This is all the musings of a guy that owns an SL8 and loved it, but never had the slightest urge to convert it to a G36 stock because I don't love HK that hard. I also don't understand Mk18 clone builders either so take that into consideration. Your mileage may vary.

CGN Regular
    Despite the weird look, the XM8 is surprisingly comfortable and natural to present and manipulate. I had no interest in the gun until I got to handle the one in the Gray Room. I only wish I could have had a chance to shoot it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast