Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The next desperado o/u maybe

I'd rather 12" barrels too. Waiting to pick up an O/U from somewhere soon.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike112288 View Post
    I wish beretta or browning did this
    I hear ya man....had bad luck with these Turkish crap before....broken ejecters....cracked stock....won't touch em

I can’t stand engravings, don’t understand why every double barrel has them..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer buzzmagoo's Avatar
    Originally checkering was added to add a better grip purchase when handed . Then was embellished in design as was the engraving . I was personally just happy to finally find a short over under at a relatively cheeper price than a standard available longer barreled shotguns . The foe engraving is so/so (could have lived with out) but the checkering servers its purpose as a grip enhancement . The curve of the forstock I find quite appealing, as does the ribbed barrels . The only things ( two) that I added was a clip on sight and a better butt stock pad . Love them ejectors .

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzmagoo View Post
    Originally checkering was added to add a better grip purchase when handed . Then was embellished in design as was the engraving . I was personally just happy to finally find a short over under at a relatively cheeper price than a standard available longer barreled shotguns . The foe engraving is so/so (could have lived with out) but the checkering servers its purpose as a grip enhancement . The curve of the forstock I find quite appealing, as does the ribbed barrels . The only things ( two) that I added was a clip on sight and a better butt stock pad . Love them ejectors .
    Which gun did you have ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    It's hard to please everyone.
    I'd prefer oil to varnish but otherwise of the two I prefer the desperado. I prefer that style of checkering and having it both on the pistol grip and foreend. I don't mind the decoration on the lever and prefer the engravings on the desperado as well if I had to choose.
    The vents in the rib look more balanced on the desperado for sure.

Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN Regular
    id like a 14 to 20 inch barrel if it exist! with english stock!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    Either or, they still look like classic field guns gone bad. They should be parkerized in synthetic furniture. Fudd's 2 cents.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer buzzmagoo's Avatar
    I have the desperado. For sure the fit and finish are not on par with the higher end over unders ,the foe engraving is Lasered on or its printed on ,I haven't tryed to remove it ( wash it off with Lacquer thinner) the wood is a softer hard wood ? And there are sharp machined edges( that will slice ya but good !) But for an entry over under it is what it is a good fun plinking gun / bush gun . I have run 50 or so shells threw it with out problems shoots good balances well and is great fun chucking emptys shells at my buddies . The forcing cones start just after chambers so my sub calibers adapters do not fit . Haven't tryed slugs yet but thats next . From the pictures on this post the other looks to have much worse fit and finish . But hey it was the first run , it works ,shoots and I think its still a looker. Just wave it around at the range bet ya there will be interested lookers .

I'd be interested in one but would want a 3.5 chamber so I could shoot 3.5 slug over any size bird shoot. Should be little extra cost to manufacture. Just my 2 cents worth.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast