CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Troy Side Action Rifle

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    How is the progress going? Are these still on track for Fall 2018 as per Marstar's advertisement?

Interested in one but not going to put money out until I know everything's in place and they're on their way.

Thanks
    Hi jiffx2781! As of this point in time, the Troy Side Action Rifle hasn't been approved by the FRT. They can take up to 120 business days to provide an answer, and we're currently on day 90.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampart_AlexW View Post
    Hi jiffx2781! As of this point in time, the Troy Side Action Rifle hasn't been approved by the FRT. They can take up to 120 business days to provide an answer, and we're currently on day 90.
    Thanks for the update
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Better question, when will the .223 upgrade kit be back in stock?
    Hi cmoney! At this point in time, we have no official ETA for when the .224 upgrade kit will be back in stock. I'll follow up with you if that changes.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Is it just me or did this rifle miss the boat? The PAR came out in a time when AR-like rifles that were NR were crazy expensive (xcr, acr, ect) but now that you've got the SLR, modern sporter, stag 10, Wk180c and so on I don't see the appeal for this gun...
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Is it just me or did this rifle miss the boat? The PAR came out in a time when AR-like rifles that were NR were crazy expensive (xcr, acr, ect) but now that you've got the SLR, modern sporter, stag 10, Wk180c and so on I don't see the appeal for this gun...
    I have all 4 of the rifles you mention. I still want to get the Troy SAR. I don't know why I do but I still do. Perhaps because it's different than the ones I already have.

Plus this is only subject to minimum OAL length requirements and NOT minimum barrel length requirements.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    Hey Joe,
    What's the deal with the evolution of the pump rod block ( or what ever it's called).
    There is another thread here on CGN where people are having issues with the gen 1 PAR's due to the aluminum block deforming from use.
    Apparently Troy is on to a third generation block that is made of steel.

Can you fill us in on this issue and what Troy's policy is as far as warranty and parts support?
    Apparently people are buying "upgrade kits" with the new style pump handle but what I'd like to know is if it's possible to buy or get under warranty the improved block by it self and also replacement action rods?
    One final question.... Is it possible to replace the defective parts with the new improved components and still use original railed foreend?
    Thanks!

Ya, what he said or rather asked......
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    I have all 4 of the rifles you mention. I still want to get the Troy SAR. I don't know why I do but I still do. Perhaps because it's different than the ones I already have. You're not making a choice between this and other options, whereas many would be because we can't all afford 6 or 8 guns that fill the same niche.

Plus this is only subject to minimum OAL length requirements and NOT minimum barrel length requirements.
    Oh im sure a few people will buy it. However, the market for $1000+ AR like NR rifles is pretty saturated compared to a year or two ago. There is always people like you who just love guns and will buy anything, but I feel like most people would look at this and pass, opting to just get one of the other guns I mentioned. For those of us who can't afford or don't want 6 guns that fill the same niche, I don't think this is going to make it to the top of many people's lists.

Personally, the PAR was interesting to me when it came out. Now it has no allure to me, and this even less so.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

It's a niche market for sure.
    Lite weight, 26" folded,accurate and simple design.

Hey Joe,
    What's the deal with the evolution of the pump rod block ( or what ever it's called).
    There is another thread here on CGN where people are having issues with the gen 1 PAR's due to the aluminum block deforming from use.
    Apparently Troy is on to a third generation block that is made of steel.

Can you fill us in on this issue and what Troy's policy is as far as warranty and parts support?
    Apparently people are buying "upgrade kits" with the new style pump handle but what I'd like to know is if it's possible to buy or get under warranty the improved block by it self and also replacement action rods?
    One final question.... Is it possible to replace the defective parts with the new improved components and still use original railed foreend?
    Thanks!
    Ya, what he said or rather asked......
    Hi Can-down! Unfortunately we don't have an answer at this point, but we've contacted Troy with your question. I'll send you any answers we receive.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampart_AlexW View Post
    Hi Can-down! Unfortunately we don't have an answer at this point, but we've contacted Troy with your question. I'll send you any answers we receive.
    Thanks but I emailed them day before yesterday and got a reply yesterday.

They see the improved foreend and steel block as an optional upgrade and not something that needs to be done.
    They also said that it's just a matter of placing an order through Rampart for anyone looking for the optional upgrade parts.

It's been a while since I read reports of damaged aluminum blocks so I can't recall exactly what the problems were, but according to Troy it's not a warranty issue and there is no problem. The new parts are just...... better.

I forgot to ask them if the steel block works with the old foreend, so that might be interesting if you get an answer on that.
    For some reason I seem to recall last year reading some information that it was not possible?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast