CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Troy Side Action Rifle

  1. #1
    CGN Regular homer76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Lower Mainland, BC
    Posts
    994

    Troy Side Action Rifle

    Hi,

    I was wondering if your company is planning on bringing in the Troy Side Action Rifles and if you are still the "sole, exclusive Canadian importer and distributor for Troy Industries products." The reason why I ask is Marstar is taking pre-orders for them. I would like to buy a rifle from an authorized importer in the event I need warranty work done on it.
    It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

  2. #2
    Business Rep.
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by homer76 View Post
    Hi,

    I was wondering if your company is planning on bringing in the Troy Side Action Rifles and if you are still the "sole, exclusive Canadian importer and distributor for Troy Industries products." The reason why I ask is Marstar is taking pre-orders for them. I would like to buy a rifle from an authorized importer in the event I need warranty work done on it.
    We are importer & distributor for Troy Industries in Canada & Marstar has placed an order for Troy SAR rifles with us.

  3. #3
    CGN Regular jadam's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    510
    Will Rampart carry the SAR as well?

  4. #4
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    B.C.
    Posts
    19,318
    Hey Joe,
    What's the deal with the evolution of the pump rod block ( or what ever it's called).
    There is another thread here on CGN where people are having issues with the gen 1 PAR's due to the aluminum block deforming from use.
    Apparently Troy is on to a third generation block that is made of steel.

    Can you fill us in on this issue and what Troy's policy is as far as warranty and parts support?
    Apparently people are buying "upgrade kits" with the new style pump handle but what I'd like to know is if it's possible to buy or get under warranty the improved block by it self and also replacement action rods?
    One final question.... Is it possible to replace the defective parts with the new improved components and still use original railed foreend?
    Thanks!
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

  5. #5
    Member jcsmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    50
    im interested in this as well my 308 is hard to eject fired rounds.

  6. #6
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mike112288's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Winkler
    Posts
    2,521
    Side action is kinda neat from the video I saw. Might b a neat gun but with Maccabee Being non R I’ll wait

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    Hey Joe,
    What's the deal with the evolution of the pump rod block ( or what ever it's called).
    There is another thread here on CGN where people are having issues with the gen 1 PAR's due to the aluminum block deforming from use.
    Apparently Troy is on to a third generation block that is made of steel.

    Can you fill us in on this issue and what Troy's policy is as far as warranty and parts support?
    Apparently people are buying "upgrade kits" with the new style pump handle but what I'd like to know is if it's possible to buy or get under warranty the improved block by it self and also replacement action rods?
    One final question.... Is it possible to replace the defective parts with the new improved components and still use original railed foreend?
    Thanks!
    This kit upgrades both the Rod Block and the Rail / Pump Mechanism. Both issues are worth addressing. I highly recommend that you get the kit if you have one of the earlier PARs.

  8. #8
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    B.C.
    Posts
    19,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Martini View Post
    This kit upgrades both the Rod Block and the Rail / Pump Mechanism. Both issues are worth addressing. I highly recommend that you get the kit if you have one of the earlier PARs.
    I like the railed foreend, what's the advantage of changing the forend bits?
    The Rod Block looks like a pretty inexpensive item on the grand scale and I'm surprised Troy just doesn't send them out to their customers who bought the alluminum blocked guns....? Seems like it would be a good PR move to address known issues with a recall or free parts.

    Hopefully Joe will chime in as Rampart is Troy's representative in Canada.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

  9. #9
    CGN Regular slim123's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Gateway to the Rockies
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampart_Joe View Post
    We are importer & distributor for Troy Industries in Canada & Marstar has placed an order for Troy SAR rifles with us.
    If this is the case..then why no word from you guys on this? there have been a few threads on this new rifle..and we still don't know what to expect?

    I will buy from you guys, but what's going on with them? frt? ...any info would be appreciated as you are supposed to be the Canadian distributor?
    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery."

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    I like the railed foreend, what's the advantage of changing the forend bits?
    The Rod Block looks like a pretty inexpensive item on the grand scale and I'm surprised Troy just doesn't send them out to their customers who bought the alluminum blocked guns....? Seems like it would be a good PR move to address known issues with a recall or free parts.

    Hopefully Joe will chime in as Rampart is Troy's representative in Canada.
    The kit includes a new single mounting ring/tube (replaced two independent rings) which along with new designed spacers provides a smoother action. I too was quite reluctant based on looks, but, glad I've done so. Not aware if you can purchase the Rod Block as a separate item in any case.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •