Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Regarding YETI...

1. This is Canadian Gun Nutz, not American Gun Nutz... who cares about the NRA, they certainly don't care about us.
    2. NRA is much more interested in money than in the rights of (American) gun owners.
    3. Drawing hard lines and threatening boycotts over things like this make us look like the fanatics that the political and social left tries to portray us as. Please don't play into their hands.
    4. Anger at a business for making a decision regarding their own operations but no anger or disappointment towards the apparently inaccurate and misleading statement from the NRA? Seems a bit like biased/unfair judgement to me.
    Cheers,

Kyle

This news came right before I would go to the Cabelas to buy the Tundra 75 at $599.00. I put the purchase on hold now. Yeti may not get any money from me if it turns out they follow the order of MOVE ON.org or other garbage radical groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitticus View Post
    1. This is Canadian Gun Nutz, not American Gun Nutz... who cares about the NRA, they certainly don't care about us.
    2. NRA is much more interested in money than in the rights of (American) gun owners.
    3. Drawing hard lines and threatening boycotts over things like this make us look like the fanatics that the political and social left tries to portray us as. Please don't play into their hands.
    4. Anger at a business for making a decision regarding their own operations but no anger or disappointment towards the apparently inaccurate and misleading statement from the NRA? Seems a bit like biased/unfair judgement to me.
    It matters to me. I tend to want to support companies that stand-up for things I believe in.

Furthermore, what happens in the South typically has a ripple effect directly North to us.

CGN frequent flyer eatredmeat157's Avatar
    Delete.
    Triple bread rounds for the win

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitticus View Post
    Normally, I'd have agreed, but a ton of Canadian retailers have been caving to supposed boycotts from the left sparked by US tragedies and subsequent public response.

Try finding a copy of Recoil magazine or Guns & Ammo at Shoppers, Safeway/Sobeys, or Chapters/Indigo. They ALL pulled them after the public outcry stemming from the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas school in Florida.

If we as gun owners don't start responding with similar boycott risks, we're going to see more and more retailers dropping firearms products. I'd love to play the understated Canadian gun owner, but we will lose as the anti-gunners continue to attack our vendors.

That all said, I wouldn't doubt Yeti's explanation of the issue. Plenty of corporations have legacy agreements they need to modernize. Heck, the new deal might work even better for the NRA or other partners.

BANNED
    and all this discussion on a TSE post

Too little too late. Yeti is getting wrecked on social media and it looks like their IPO is gonna be toast.
    If a Conservative doesn't like guns, they don't buy one. If a Liberal doesn't like guns, they want them banned.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by brent4hire View Post
    I’m quite content with my Yeti gear and won’t be changing it over this. MEC ticked me off a little with their dropping of some hunting related lines, and I’ll probably drop my membership with them over it, but Yeti is safe for me.

I’m no Liberal, but I’m also not a militant gun rights activist, and the NRA has done nothing since that idiot Heston destroyed my respect for them back in ‘99.
    Really Heston ? The man who brought them back from oblivion to protect the rights of people around the globe ??? You Sir are the problem

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyclone View Post
    the NRA is garbage anyways, they compromise often and don't have the interests of the gun owner in mind. good on yeti for leaving them I'll be buying more products from them now
    THIS... I agree. From following a lot of Pro 2A pages it appears many are fed up with the NRA and how they are running things.

CGN Regular
    No compromise is No compromise... not hey well let them pass some laws and keep pushing the limits and that's what it seems the NRA is doing with their hands out the whole time looking for more money.

Bump stocks? stupid yes yes I agree, But bought and legally owned. F them for caving to that debacle. That's like some of the turds on here saying Cz 858? Swiss Arms? ahh who cares I only use my Winchester 30-30 to hunt with. NO NO NO. When are we going to all learn the Left wants everything banned and removed one class or gun at a time.
    We either stick together and say no to everything or fall as a giant turd.
    Just my .02c

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast