Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Regarding YETI...

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post

We discussed this internally and its easier to simply move on as we already stock Pelican.

JR
    Which to be honest I am looking at buying a new cooler at some point and in my current occupation Pelican has a great name (4 LAV tires thrown on top of a server rack for a long flight proved it for me) and their price point is more reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    Actually, once this story broke, we reached out to YETI for their take on this matter and sat back. When we got nothing of substance back, we pulled Yeti from the shelves.

Yeti did eventually respond with a more detailed response and timeline. It actually demonstrates fairly soundly that the NRA have used this situation to inflate themselves and Yeti was actually not really at fault in this matter.

However, my issue with Yeti is that due to really poor crisis management, they have polarized the situation and inadvertently alienated the shooting community. It's not my job to protect their image or to do damage control on their behalf, especially when we just literally got our first shipment a day before this erupted. I'm a small business.

We discussed this internally and its easier to simply move on as we already stock Pelican.

JR
    Well Put JR

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigrn View Post
    The only thing that has any real chance of working is boycotting brands that don't support gun ownership. By choosing to support and buying goods from anti hunting, anti gun organizations you are in fact threatening the sport you are involved in. With so much competition why not choose to support a pro gun establishment.
    I tottally agree. have not shopped there since they dropped cameback. I hike and backpack, when I am not sport shooting. So mec has lost profits where I am concerned. I think it is about taking a stand to protect our sport. If not us who will?
    Last edited by Crash54000; 04-26-2018 at 12:21 PM.
    CCFR, CSSA Member

32% of US homes have at least 1 firearm.
    1.5% of Americans are active NRA supporters.
    Does this mean 30.5% of US gun owner households are liberal? I think it means there are a lot of moderates and I guarantee the households support the 2nd amendment and use elected officials to protect it.
    NRA's hard stance after massacres is turning off most except the hard right. It's the same up here except up here guns aren't a right. Wish it was but it's not. It's all up to who we elect. Can't stand Mr. Dress-up in Ottawa and he will mess up everything until his as is tossed.
    Money isn't everthing. It's just something needed to purchase anything.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordmam View Post
    What is so good about these coolers that someone would spend $600 bucks on one when a cooler cost $50 at Crappy tire?
    They are better Coolers. Cheap ones are not bear resistant, they use thinner plastic on the inside walls and less dense foam insulation. They will keep ice frozen (and thus food cold) longer than a similarly sized Coleman ect.

That said, unless you specifically need a bear resistant cooler I sure as fkk wouldn't spend the money on one. While they are good coolers, they're not 6 to 10 times the cooler.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Quote Originally Posted by saskdude99 View Post
    ...up here guns aren't a right.
    Oh don’t drink the SCC koolaid about privilege.
    They are a right but it’s still subject to legal constraints rather than something that cannot be infringed.
    CSSA and now - on Trudeau's recommendation - CCFR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ljones's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    They are better Coolers. Cheap ones are not bear resistant, they use thinner plastic on the inside walls and less dense foam insulation. They will keep ice frozen (and thus food cold) longer than a similarly sized Coleman ect.

That said, unless you specifically need a bear resistant cooler I sure as fkk wouldn't spend the money on one. While they are good coolers, they're not 6 to 10 times the cooler.
    They may be bear resistant, but it would seem they are not Tannerite resistant from the vids I have seen...
    No such thing as too much ammunition or toilet paper...

As a CANADIAN I give practically ZERO faqs what decisions any American civilian or American company does or doesn't do with the NRA.
    Tell me YETI has given a direct middle finger to the CCFR and I might, might, give a crap. They can do whatever they want.
    My drinking team has a IPSC problem.

Show me, other than general property rights, where firearms specifically are mentioned in our laws or constitution. I'd be willing to eat crow.
    Money isn't everthing. It's just something needed to purchase anything.

Bill of Rights 1689 is good starting point. It’s nothing as neat as the American system as we don’t have a single document to look to in Common Law.
    Blackstone’s Commentaries link it to the individual’s right to self-defence.

The SCC rulings trumpeted by anti-gun advocates overlook that they were ruling against ppl claiming the government has no authority to regulate this right to arms. That doesn’t diminish it to a privilege that we should ask for, cap in hand.
    CSSA and now - on Trudeau's recommendation - CCFR