Thread: Question About ATTs Transfers in Ontario

CGN frequent flyer

Question About ATTs Transfers in Ontario

Guys I am in a bit of a unique situation. I am currently upgrading my PAL to an RPAL. (decided to do after hearing about C-71)

Currently my PAL is completed processing and waiting for photo scan so hopefully I will get it soon. When it does arrive I have 2 restricteds waiting to start a transfer. One is online and one at my local store that also has the restricted range I belong to. I completed the range safety course and did my probation shooting so now I am a full member. I should have proof of range membership this week.

Anyway, once the card shows up and I call the stores to initiate the transfers. What do I do about range membership. The club says they can do if for me but then do my ATT conditions automatically attach? Once the transfers are completed I get the short term to take them home.

What is the process for LTATT. In my courses they said they are automatically attached. Do I get a new card or piece of paper? How long does this part take to get.

Currently my understanding is
    1-2 weeks license will be issued
    3-4 weeks for transfers to complete (take firearms home)
    1-2 weeks for LTATT to come?

Anyways any insight would be appreciated!!!
    Take someone shooting - Encourage someone to get a Pal/ RPal

I renewed my PAL last summer and the LTATT was already attached with the new conditions on the little piece of paper. Most likely you will get a new card along with the paper conditions on it. As for proof of club membership, I have never been asked to provide proof just the name of the club that I am or will be a member of (ON). Your restricted transfers may take up to a month to complete, if they are being mailed or you are picking them up there is no need for an ATT. You do need to get an ATT if you are mailing restricted firearms or transporting them according to the restrictions on your PAL. After all that is done, you might have to complete a club att/safety course before bringing restricted firearms to the range. Hope that helps a bit.

CGN frequent flyer
    I already have competed the club level safety course. I guess the question is once my Rpal arrives and the transfers have taken place. How long is the wait until I get an LTATT? Does a new card come or paperwork?

Its just confusing. Everything I read says as soon as you belong to a club and purchase your first restricted you get an LTATT automatically applied. But does this mean you need a new card or paperwork or is it just assumed. It seems risky to just start taking my restricteds to the range assuming its added?
    Take someone shooting - Encourage someone to get a Pal/ RPal

CGN Regular
    Yes you get a new card with a new set of conditions.

You missed one more step.

Currently my understanding is
    1-2 weeks license will be issued
    3-4 weeks for transfers to complete (take firearms home)
    1-2 weeks for LTATT to come?
    1-3 weeks for firearm certificate.

You'll get your firearm, then an updated licence and Ts an Cs card, then a certificate for the firearm.
    CCFR

I had ordered a restricted firearm back in April after taking the restricted course. Received my safety course paperwork within 4 weeks. Sent all in on May 16 to the RCMP. I received my RPAL on July 13th. Called Al Flahertys on the same day. By Weds July 18th i had my new purchase in my hands. Within 2 weeks i received an updated RPAL due to my new purchase. I am ready to go to the range! I cant complain other than my own impatience. Paul at Al's was very good to deal with.

Old thread I know , fresh in my mind as I just did it .
    When you buy your first restricted you will be issued a new license with the version code changing (0001 to 0002 if you new shooter) it will have a paper copy along with it stating all ltatt ,pretty much all the same . Ei. From home to range home to police station home to gun show .
    As well as when you purchase first restricted the CFO will send either you or retialer a document via email that states an initialization of registration has begun, that price of paper allows you to take it from retailer to home only until full registration of restricted comes in from RCMP ( that took longer then new license with att).
    Hope this helps