Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Range time with the FX-9!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer starpuss's Avatar
    Great Video! Cant Wait to get one!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine .303 View Post
    All videos you will have seen previously will have been made in the US, with USA ( Non-Canadian Compliant ) 17 round genuine glock mags. Our Canadian Compliant 10rd magazines ( not pinned or rivited ) do not have the same spring tension as them. This can cause issues in PCCs, the KCI magazine we were using, and the G26 mag which is supplied to it work perfectly. The G26 is the short (baby Glock) magazine and works great at holding the bolt open. The G19 and G17 were designed for 15 and 17 rounds respectively and the lower capacity 10 round versions may not have the spring tension to hold the bolt open.
    Interesting, never heard that before. So California compliant magazines won't work with the hold back? Seems strange that the empty mags spring load would very enough to cause an issue..... the California 10 round mags work fine holding back glock pistol slides.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN Regular
    so it a glock 26 mag coming with the Rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by coldfire View Post
    so it a glock 26 mag coming with the Rifle?
    That's what they said in the video and confirmed in this thread. factory 10 round G26

I have run into this problem as well. G26 mags work perfectly in my UDP-9, but 10 round factory Glock mags don't lock the bolt back due to a lack of spring tension. Wolff extra power springs are supposed to solve the problem, but you need to order the correct springs for 10 round mag bodies. I haven't checked recently, but this is an important upgrade to stock. I need some!

Can I get an FX-9 with a 10" barrel? 18.6" barrel is way too long... The NR status doesn't appeal to me, but the price tag does.
    FN-15 Patrol SBR -- Winchester Model 94
    Beretta 1301 Tactical LTT Clone
    Remington 870 MCS -- TacOrd 1970s Wingmaster
    Sig P320 X-Five Legion -- Midwest Industries 10/22

Quote Originally Posted by twoguntim View Post
    Wolff extra power springs are supposed to solve the problem, but you need to order the correct springs for 10 round mag bodies. I haven't checked recently, but this is an important upgrade to stock. I need some!
    For what it's worth my experience with the UDP9 was that G17 mags with Wolff +10xp springs still did not hold the bolt open, while normal G26 mags do. I'm becoming skeptical that any Glock compatible rifle actually has a problem free BHO.

CGN Regular
    Can't wait to get the one I pre-ordered and take it to the range...

Quote Originally Posted by RideauBound View Post
    For what it's worth my experience with the UDP9 was that G17 mags with Wolff +10xp springs still did not hold the bolt open, while normal G26 mags do. I'm becoming skeptical that any Glock compatible rifle actually has a problem free BHO.
    Bolt hold is a nice feature but at the end of the day it's not the worst failure to have, seems like their cheap KCI mag worked fine so maybe magpuls will work or people can just use pinned regular capacity mags if they don't like G26 mags.

Business Member Rep
    I fully expect double stack pinned mags will be fine. It just appeared to be the single stack Canadian compliant genuine G17/34 mags that caused the bolt hold open not to work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast