Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dominion 7.62x39 weekly release and improved QC

Quote Originally Posted by Dunn072 View Post
    Had my first issue today, fired another 50 rounds from a batch I bought in April and had a double fire. Now I'm not sure if this is due to the ammo, or due to the sks free floating pin. Have never had an issue with other ammo but thinking it could be possibly be caused by a softer primer? I've also heard Murrays SKS firing pin can fix the potential problem but thought id post anyway. This is my first issue out of 150 rounds so far.
    The primers we use are hard milspec Berdan primers. A high primer is a possibility, but this is the first we've heard of it. Perhaps give the SKS firing pin channel a thorough cleaning (remove the firing pin) and let us know if it happens again.
    Canadaammo.com

https://www.canadaammo.com/

Please do not PM me with customer order requests!
    Send these via e-mail to: info@canadaammo.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunn072 View Post
    Had my first issue today, fired another 50 rounds from a batch I bought in April and had a double fire. Now I'm not sure if this is due to the ammo, or due to the sks free floating pin. Have never had an issue with other ammo but thinking it could be possibly be caused by a softer primer? I've also heard Murrays SKS firing pin can fix the potential problem but thought id post anyway. This is my first issue out of 150 rounds so far.
    Just a head's up; order two Murray's pins; with the clearance required for the spring, the pin is built more lightly and breakage is not uncommon.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada Ammo View Post
    The primers we use are hard milspec Berdan primers. A high primer is a possibility, but this is the first we've heard of it. Perhaps give the SKS firing pin channel a thorough cleaning (remove the firing pin) and let us know if it happens again.
    With Berdan Primers, this brass is likely not conveniently for the home loader?

Quote Originally Posted by Meroh View Post
    With Berdan Primers, this brass is likely not conveniently for the home loader?
    It is steel cased not brass. The Berdan primers won’t be an issue

a double fire can be cause by not releasing the trigger when firing as well, if you keep some pressure on it while it goes off it'll go again quick, happened to me once at the range...i was trying to see if i could feel the reset point...but i knew it wasn't a gun issue and has been fine since, just gotta be squeeze release, squeeze release not holding pressure.....p.s. i hope Canam can make a ton of this stuff, everywhere GTA is dry......

Quote Originally Posted by Spotagwan View Post
    a double fire can be cause by not releasing the trigger when firing as well, if you keep some pressure on it while it goes off it'll go again quick, happened to me once at the range...i was trying to see if i could feel the reset point...but i knew it wasn't a gun issue and has been fine since, just gotta be squeeze release, squeeze release not holding pressure.....p.s. i hope Canam can make a ton of this stuff, everywhere GTA is dry......
    I'll keep this in mind when I'm out next time! Thanks for the advice !

Due to customer feedback we are going to further improve our Quality Control and testing of Dominion Cartridge Co. / Dominion Arms ammo.

We will be doing inspection and test firing of each batch of ammo we manufacture a week before releasing it for sale.

While only a very small percentage of our customers had issues, we are always looking to improve our product quality and customer service.

This weeks batch checks out and I have posted 14,000 rounds for sale.

Thanks,
    Canada Ammo
    Missed out on this batch but checking my email more often now so I don't miss out on the next batch.
    Member: CPC, UCP, CSSA, and AFGA.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by TFunfer View Post
    It is steel cased not brass. The Berdan primers won’t be an issue
    You are correct lol.

Due to customer feedback we are going to further improve our Quality Control and testing of Dominion Cartridge Co. / Dominion Arms ammo.

We will be doing inspection and test firing of each batch of ammo we manufacture a week before releasing it for sale.

While only a very small percentage of our customers had issues, we are always looking to improve our product quality and customer service.

This weeks batch checks out and I have posted 14,000 rounds for sale.

Thanks,
    Canada Ammo
    I'm still interested in a case. I've been checking here and my email for alerts.
    Member: CPC, UCP, CSSA, and AFGA.

We got a box of this a couple months ago and haven't had any issues with it so far, after a couple hundred rounds fired. Will be ordering more.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast