Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dominion 7.62x39 weekly release and improved QC

Hmm, I was feeling lucky after reading some of the reviews.
    But just last weekend, i got a batch that just misfires and even got a bullet lodged in the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuga View Post
    I was curious about how Dominion Bulk 7.62x39mm stacked against comblock production standards, I took some measurements to find out. I don't have a kinetic bullet puller so I couldn't weigh individual powder throws or bullet variance but instead opted for using total cartridge weight. Measurements are in grams, fyi.

Caliber Manufacturer Year of Production Sample Size Average Extreme Spread Standard Deviation
    7.62x39mm Dominion Bulk 2018/01 20 16.4319 0.2450 0.07575
    7.62x39mm Norinco Whitebox 2016/12 20 16.2988 0.2429 0.05623
    7.62x39mm Barnaul 2015/06 20 16.2452 0.2349 0.07194
    7.62x39mm Bulgarian Circle 10 1959 20 16.3948 0.3219 0.07420

Overall, I'm impressed with the quality for the price. I'm curious as to why Dominion is heavier on average but without proper tools, I can't investigate further. Did I mention it's non-corrosive? Not that it matters much anyways, if you use your tools hard you should maintain them. 😉😊
    Their loaded up hot, with 26 grains of comblock powder. They actually shoot and cycle better at 25 grains, especially in ar rifles as they are overgassed with x39 ammo and a carbine length gas system.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jbmauser's Avatar
    I'm pretty happy with the stuff I bought. Haven't fired a whole bunch (150rds) but other than one not having any powder it in it, they've been working great. Decent accuracy from my Type 81. With improved QC on these new batches I wouldn't hesitate to buy more.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada Ammo View Post
    Due to customer feedback we are going to further improve our Quality Control and testing of Dominion Cartridge Co. / Dominion Arms ammo.

We will be doing inspection and test firing of each batch of ammo we manufacture a week before releasing it for sale.

While only a very small percentage of our customers had issues, we are always looking to improve our product quality and customer service.

This weeks batch checks out and I have posted 14,000 rounds for sale.

Thanks,
    Canada Ammo
    Not with a 10 foot pole.
    America last
    America can never be great again until...
    Dream revolver Ruger 0456
    Pass on pre-orders

Where you can find the most expensive condos...
    I have gone through almost 2000 rounds I bought last winter. I checked all the rounds with a Lyman gauge ever since I got one that fails to go into battery and had a hard time pull out my 7.62 BCG (just check with gauge before putting them in the 50/100 rd boxes). I have about 20~ish rounds not passing the gauge nicely and I will probably not fire those for sure. I have 0 issues with the passed gauge checked ones ever since. With a 1% off I don't think it is such a big deal IMO.
    CCFR member now...

I haven’t see it listed in stock for a few months now or have I just missed them, haven’t bought any since the price increase.

We were producing other ammo for a minute there.

I just posted 20 cases for sale, another 40 next week.
    Canadaammo.com

https://www.canadaammo.com/

Please do not PM me with customer order requests!
    Send these via e-mail to: info@canadaammo.com

BANNED
    Ohhhh there is stock on hand

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunn072 View Post
    Had my first issue today, fired another 50 rounds from a batch I bought in April and had a double fire. Now I'm not sure if this is due to the ammo, or due to the sks free floating pin. Have never had an issue with other ammo but thinking it could be possibly be caused by a softer primer? I've also heard Murrays SKS firing pin can fix the potential problem but thought id post anyway. This is my first issue out of 150 rounds so far.
    I put the Murrays pin in both my SKS's and they work great, or, you can really really clean that sucker each time you shoot so it rattles easily. Easier for me to go with the new pin, even though I clean my rifles well.

What i have of this ammo is definately loaded up hot. I also have some older North China Industries soft point that i thought was hot but the Dominion stuff I have shoots an inch higher. All things said, despite that it runs quite well through my ar now that i beefed up the ejection spring. Not a single misfire in over a thousand shots. If you're having issues with an sks punch out the retainer pin and clean the firing pin. They do need to be looked at from time to time and considering the amount of use some of them get, probably overdue.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast