Any chance of remanufactured 7.62x54R?

Ya'll ever heard of this "reloading thang"? I reload for my mosin & SVT. Never stuck for non-corrosive ammo.

How much does it cost to buy everything you need for reloading? Brass, bullets, equipment, etc. The cost, resources, and load data research to get into reloading seems rather daunting. Not to mention the volume I actually would shoot doesn't justify the cost I'd save reloading, anyways.
Also, some people don't enjoy the monotony of reloading or the amount of time it takes. Just not something I'd be into personally.
Honestly, I'd rather clean my rifle after every outing than reload. And I'd rather pay a little more for non corrosive than clean my rifle after every outing.

Last edited:
I already reload for everything else I shoot, but I am not keen on reloading brass shot in the fluted chamber of the SVT. For that reason as well as the low amount to be saved compared to the above suggestion makes the handloading seem like wasted time to me. Not a bad idea for most other things, but for the SVT it just doesn’t make much sense to me.

Ya'll ever heard of this "reloading thang"? I reload for my mosin & SVT. Never stuck for non-corrosive ammo.

Same here,just pull the bullets and transfer the powder and bullets into brass reloadible cases,the brass ones (PRVI and S&B) work fine in my Mosin and SVT40,(gas setting at 1.2.)

Same here,just pull the bullets and transfer the powder and bullets into brass reloadible cases,the brass ones (PRVI and S&B) work fine in my Mosin and SVT40,(gas setting at 1.2.)

Not everyone's SVT-40 likes brass either. In my '44 they get stuck in the chamber. Can shoot steel all day without issue.

My SVT frequently puts a big dent in my brass so my attempts at collecting 7.62x54r has not been very successful overall :/

My SVT's like MFS Soft Point. I tried 3 rounds of brass S&B in one of my SVT's, the rounds hit 1 inch higher than the MFS with approx the same 1.5inch grouping. I figured I'd be wasting my time with the brass as 2 casings were "chomped up". There was no benefit to use brass over steel in my limited trial. My very accurate Repro Sniper is a different story. It shoots Chinese surplus in a 2cm group at 100m, S&B brass hits the same with one 1" flyer. MFS is about 2"-3" ammo out of that gun. pro's/con's for each.

My SVT's like MFS Soft Point. I tried 3 rounds of brass S&B in one of my SVT's, the rounds hit 1 inch higher than the MFS with approx the same 1.5inch grouping. I figured I'd be wasting my time with the brass as 2 casings were "chomped up". There was no benefit to use brass over steel in my limited trial. My very accurate Repro Sniper is a different story. It shoots Chinese surplus in a 2cm group at 100m, S&B brass hits the same with one 1" flyer. MFS is about 2"-3" ammo out of that gun. pro's/con's for each.

That's some surprisingly tight groups for an SVT-40, did you put in any upgrades into your repro sniper other than the mounts/scope?

I don't understand why people are afraid to fire corrosive in an svt40. After all, they originally all fired corrosive ammo. As any milsurp lover knows, just clean the dang thing when you're done.

I’m not afraid to shoot it, I generally don’t have time to clean it afterwards. When I first got it I shot corrosive through it all the time because I had the entire rest of the day to clean it. Now I don’t.

Back
Top Bottom