Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: WK180-C eta updates - March 12th, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Maveranger View Post
    Good day,
    While I am disappointed in the delay; I do so commend Wolverine for doing the 'right thing' vs. putting-out a substandard product. Your reputation remains intact and credibility increased with transparency and in keeping us informed (refreshing in this day and age).

I ordered mine back in March from Tenda. Can you advise if you're supplying by the date of order irregardless of whom order is placed with or supplying Wolverine customer's first.
    Thanks in advance. Mike
    All orders are shipped in chronological order based on the date the order was received, regardless of who placed the order, dealer or retail. Assuming PAL's are valid and accounts are not in arrears everything is shipped in this order.

Initially all but one dealer order was small, when the popularity of the WK180-C was realised some dealers tried to increase the quantities on their initial order. We refused to do this and processed the increased quantity as a new order at the date we received this request, so there has been no queue jumping.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    Wolverine
    I'm debating jumping in on this rifle but I can get a used xcr ready to roll for a few hundred more tomorrow.
    If I put a deposit of 200 off your site today, what is the rough ETA I can expet until it's in my hands?
    Our best SWAG right now would be end of first quarter to start of second quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironheart View Post
    Are the ones being shiped out today have been double checked and the chambers reamed correctly?
    I can confirm that you are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by specialized7 View Post
    Am I able to pre order a 308 gun?
    Can you PM me please as I have a hard time keeping up with these threads
    Not yet, the WK Utility rifle will be a new design semi auto .308, I should be test firing the pre production model shortly.

After all the criticism over previous "Pre-Orders" I doubt we will repeat that. Just build them and sell them, we will have to see how that works!

I don't use CGN PM, please e-mail me at John@wolverinesupplies.com for any further questions.

Quote Originally Posted by drifter dave View Post
    I pre-ordered the ‘C’ but am hoping that 7.62x39 is still in development.
    Ammo is still 40% of .308 costs and when you shoot as much as I do it adds up quickly.
    $1 per shot gets old unless you are hunting.
    Hopefully I will be test firing a WK180-C prototype in 7.62x39 using AK mags very shortly as well. Ongoing R&D has to tick along so we can keep new products coming but due to the demand for the "standard" WK180-C in .223 (5.56) our R&D is not progressing as fast as I would have liked, but we made the decision to prioritise production to fill back orders.
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 09-16-2018 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Spelling

24th Sept. Last weeks order of 72 rifles should be arriving here in the morning.

These rifles and all future WK180-C rifles will be chambered in 5.56 NATO.
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 09-27-2018 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steiner View Post
    Any inkling which might be available first....x39 or the 308 version?
    We are not happy with our .308 design so back to the drawing board. Prototype 7.62 x 39 rifles are in the process of been manufactured so I think it safe to say these will come first.

Quote Originally Posted by uAJollyRogering View Post
    Does that mean 5.56 only and not .223 as well?
    Rifles with 5.56 NATO chambers can safely use .223 Rem ammunition.

Quote Originally Posted by lmar View Post
    May I ask why you were not happy with it. I ask from a design process point of view so I can better understand the steps one goes through in determining how to release a firearm into the Canadian market.
    Just curious. I understand if you do not wish to share this information.

L
    She was simply not a winning design for many reasons, she would be a disappointment after the huge success of the WK180-C. The steps we go through are very simple, there is only one! She has to gain Mr Wolverine's approval and pass his QC.

When production starts for the WK180-C in 7.62 x 39 she will be available in two versions, I can not confirm price or ETA at this time and we are not ready to accept orders.

Version 1 WK180-C in caliber 7.62 x 39. This uses the standard (current) lower and will use STANG type magazines.
    Version 2 WK181-C in caliber 7.62 x 39. This uses a new (Modified) lower receiver that will only accept AK type magazines. Although developed for export she will be available in Canada.

I anticipate that uppers would be identical on both versions unless we have a large export order that requests something different.
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 10-01-2018 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Typo