Page 1 of 26 1234567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: WK180-C eta updates - March 12th, 2019

WK180-C eta updates - March 12th, 2019

I am starting this new thread where I will keep everyone advised on the latest developments and updates on the ETA for the WK180-C rifle. Feel free to add comments but I will delete them from time to time to keep this thread short and informative without having to struggle through pages of comments.

We have had a problem with barrels, we had sourced them from a reputable manufacture, Steve from Kodiak visited them to check on their manufacturing facility everything looked good. Later when he checked on delivery Steve discovered that the manufacture had out sourced the barrels to a “no-name” sub contractor. We were assured our cost would be the same but no assurance on quality and no warranty to us. After lots of discussion we decided to cancel this barrel order and look elsewhere, this would mean delays, we were not sure then how long but we were not prepared to gamble with unknown barrel quality.

Barrel blanks our now coming from Fedderson, steel is 4150 and they are button rifled. Kodiak will be profiling them , chambering and fitting barrel extensions. Barrel weight is approx. 1.98 lbs. We will have the first 140 barrels shipped to us the end of next week. Hopefully we will be able to keep the dry weight under 8 lbs. Photo of the barrel profile below.

This barrel issue has set us back approx. 4 weeks, optimistically we will receive some rifles at the end of this month but we do not expect to be shipping before June, initial delivers will be slow but we intend to have weekly shipments from Kodiak and ramp up production as fast as we can.

Below are photos of the production hand guard, I expect a sample here next week and more details will follow then.

As always we thank everyone for their continued patience and support.

Last edited by Wolverine .303; 03-14-2019 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Spelling

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384
    Just a quick update folks!!!! Here are a few shots from the factory! Things are coming together nicely and if there are no hiccups we should be assembling rifles next week! Who is getting excited?? ( now excuse me I am going to the range with the WK180-C.... )

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    This is a piston gun, is it not?
    The WK 180- C is a piston gun with a carbine length system. We will look into mid length systems only AFTER production of the short lengths is up and running.

We have had a slight hic-up, see following from Kodiak: "It doesn’t look like we will be able to assemble rifles this week. There was an issue with the barrels. Some how the outsource machine shop got the wrong blue print. They made 10 mid length barrels. So on a positive note we have 10 barrels to test a mid length gas system. Hopefully Monday/Tuesday we will be assembling some rifles. I apologize for the delay."

I know some customers were wanted mid-length systems, if you are one of them please e-mail me directly John@wolverinesupplies.com These (mid-length) will not be completed quickly as we have to specially manufacture pistons and hand guards and priority must be given to the standard model.

Again thanks for your patience.

The 10 mid length systems are all spoken for but it will be while before we have the extra parts made, regular gun production still takes priority.

We have to and we will give priority to getting full production underway of the standard model with the short gas system. Due to an error we find ourselves with 10 barrels machined to accept the mid length gas system, we will have to get 10 gas pistons custom made to suit these and source longer hand guards, I then have to test fire to insure they will function well, can't say how long this will take. We also have to start R&D for the 7.62 x 39 model and the .308 utility rifle, so we have a very busy schedule. I can't say at this time if a mid length gas system will be an off the shelf available option in the future, if so it may well increase the price.

To be clear there are "pistol" length systems, not relevant to this project. Then we have short (Carbine) length, mid length and then the long (Rifle) length systems. We do not use off the shelf gas tubes as this design uses a gas piston.

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384
    For those of you who think that this is a legal requirement to sell/purchase a firearm in Canada, this should make you rest easy at night..

If you have any questions, concerns, or would like to order one of these bad boys now that is has an FRT, As always:

You can E-mail us at: sales@wolverineSupplies.com

You can Call us at: 204-748-2454

You can send at letter to: Box 729 , #1 River Valley Road, Virden, MB, R0M 2C0 , Canada

You can send a messenger to : Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384 NE ¼ 5-11-25

Link to the Pre-Order --> https://www.wolverinesupplies.com/Pr...Y#?sortValue=0

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

Quote Originally Posted by Randomized View Post
    Just curious, when is the projected shipping date for these rifles? Also, if we aren’t on thebpre order how long will it take to get one?
    To early to give you an accurate answer, I hope to see the first small shipment the end of next week. Wolverine are keeping the first ten this will give us some for R&D, test reports and demo units etc The balance, if any will be shipped, production should then ramp up slowly although we may be delayed with barrels, we want to stay with Fedderson as we have heard such good reports on their barrels but this may delay us initially, they are costing us a little more than our budget but I think a small delay will be worth it. We could go for some mass produced cheap barrels but I want to avoid this if at all possible due to QC concerns on accuracy.

PS
    Steve will be coming and plans to make the first pre-production model in 7.62x39 for Wolverine Days, all been well she will be available for test firing. No, we will not be taking orders just yet but we will be looking for user feed back.
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 06-08-2018 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ljones View Post
    Okay to clarify... according to that FRT we can only use mags that are for AR15 rifles? So no AR pistol mag use? Thus limited to 5 rounds?...
    Firstly you need to remember that the FRT is only the Opinion of the RCMP SFSS, it is not law.

In my opinion what this is indicating, is that as a rifle any mags marked WK180-C are rifle mags and must be limited to 5 rds. It does not stop you from using a 10rd pistol mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Brots View Post
    This may have been answered but just curious.... Are the new barrels black in colour.? I know the original photo had a silver barrel. I personally like the all black look.

On a side note, I know you can’t give us a definitive time for orders but can you give us an idea of how many orders would be ahead of us if we were to make an order now? And any estimate of number of orders shipped per week/month.

Thanks
    All production gun barrels will be "black".

We have approx. 2,700 sold, we can not accurately forecast product for a few weeks, as soon as production is going at full speed we will be able to give everyone a much better idea on deliveries, right now it would be just SWAG!

Page 1 of 26 1234567891121 ... LastLast