Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: WK180-C eta updates - March 12th, 2019

WK180-C eta updates - 3rd Oct

To date we have shipped approx. 500 WK180-C rifles. We will have a delay of approx. 2-3 weeks while Kodiak wait for some small parts to be delivered. During this time Kodiak are still assembling rifles so when the small parts arrive we should kick off with 300+ shipment. After that weekly volumes should pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by Greglc View Post
    I ordered a 223 wylde barreled one, which is one reason i ordered one, is my order now not to be fulfilled?
    Your order will be filled with a current production rifle that will have a 5.56 NATO chamber.

We have previously stated that we do reserve the right to change prices and specifications. This chamber change has been a natural progression to eliminate problems.

Quote Originally Posted by RedCloud View Post
    So that I am clear in my Google research - and correct me if I misunderstand:

1. 5.56 NATO chambers accept .223 Rem
    2. .223 Rem chambers may not withstand the higher pressure of the 5.56 NATO load
    3. .223 Wylde chambers use the shorter throat of the .223 Rem chamber, but are able to withstand higher pressure

So you were originally using .223 Wylde for an accuracy advantage?
    Yes, as that appeared to give us the best of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by MTB2.5 View Post
    The wait is killing me. Are they still producing only 50 guns a week? Ordered mine from Dante sport back in April. They don’t know when they will be receiving their shipment.
    We have shipped approx 500 WK180-C rifles, we expect to ship a further 1500 by Christmas for a total of approx. 2,000.

We will not advise when we ship to dealers or what quantity they have ordered, many dealers have more than one order in our system, we do not know how many rifles and from what orders they may or may not have pre sold and to whom..

If any dealer has an overdue account, and there is at least two, they will not be receiving any rifles, for professional reasons we can not say who they are. Hopefully their outstanding balance will be paid in full before their order comes up.

Given the figures in front of me and assuming no major problems, at todays rate we would expect to have all orders cleared by the end of the first quarter of 2019. I am telling customers who place an order today that they will be in the second quarter, it is our intent to have rifles in inventory with ourselves and our major stocking dealers by the end of spring 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by uAJollyRogering View Post
    Any plans on uppers made available for those of us who already own one in 5.56? I'd love to have the ability to switch between.
    Initially we will only offer complete rifles. Top Half's in 7.62 x 39 could be a possibility in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Slimshady View Post
    It may have been asked already, but what are the prospects for a WK in 7.62/.308 in this price point?
    I read the review in Caliber magazine and was impressed, but would like a bit more punch than .223.
    Is this a possible?

Thanx.
    Due to the larger caliber this has to be a completely new rifle design. We have something in the works, but are making slow progress this is the WK Utility rifle, price will be a lot higher than the WK180-C.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebola View Post
    Hey there Mr. Wolverine, are there any factory designed extra parts in the works like a folding mechanism for the stock or dust cover? If so when can we expect to see them up for sale?
    Kodiak are working on a folding stock. No plans for any dust covers.

Quote Originally Posted by flyinlead View Post
    I drove down to Tenda today and picked mine up. Really happy with this rifle! I've never even owned an AR 15 or anything similar before, so I think this is a good place to start.
    PS, mine is stamped 5.56 Nato.
    Mr. Wolverine, if I decided to trade rifles with somebody who has one in 223 Wylde, would the warranties be transferable or is it original owner only?
    The warranty is good for 12 months from date of first retail purchase, no matter how many times the rifle may be sold. No warranty registration required but proof of original purchase may be.

WK180-C eta updates – 24th Oct

Currently production of the WK180-C rifle is progressing steadily, however Kodiak are having to wait for some out sourced parts, which were unexpectedly delayed, we have almost completed rifles accumulating.

In mid Nov we should see approx 500 rifles arrive in a very short period. After they are shipped we will have delivered approx. 1,000 rifles.

Production is also in the process of been ramped up and the goal will be 200 rifles per week by the end of Nov.

Due to Christmas holidays Dec is not really a full working month, I will be surprised if we have another 1,000 by year end but we should be close.

Due to the Shot Show, where the WK180-C will be exhibited, Jan production will not be full month.

Optimistically we should see all current back orders completed in the second quarter of 2019.

Again I must thank everyone for their continued patience and understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkArma180 View Post
    Hey John,

I’m just curious if the two dealers that have outstanding bills have paid up? I’m really hoping it’s not one who I’ve pre-ordered from. Thanks, Mark
    Sadly no! They will not be receiving anything until their accounts are clear.