CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 245678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 155

Thread: WK180-C eta updates - NOV 30th

  1. #111
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    24th Sept. Last weeks order of 72 rifles should be arriving here in the morning.

    These rifles and all future WK180-C rifles will be chambered in 5.56 NATO.
    Just came across this.
    If its chambered in 5.56. It can still shoot 223. But doesnt the 223 lose a little accuracy If its fired from a 5.56 chamber.
    A question is all. I read anout that in a gun forum. In the past. Thats why the 223 wylde was made.

  2. #112
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    0
    If I remember correctly, there was some reliability issues with some ammo in the early ones chambered in 223 wylde, so they switched to 5.56. I could be wrong, but I think they mentioned that somewhere.

  3. #113
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Southern Ontario
    Posts
    12
    Heard on the grapevine there'll be no more shipments until the new year due to the gat making machines being down?
    NSC

  4. #114
    Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384
    Posts
    1,143
    Quote Originally Posted by NSC1234 View Post
    Heard on the grapevine there'll be no more shipments until the new year due to the gat making machines being down?
    Do not use the grape vine... Wait for updates from Mr. Wolverine.

    Last update was:

    WK180-C Order numbers

    All orders are prefixed with three letters. WEB for Web orders and ORD for other orders. Web order numbers are sequential. ORD order numbers are also sequential, but these are two different, separate series of numbers that are not sequential to each other.

    Our shipping list is generated by the date and time your order is completed, not started. This is why it is possible for someone with a higher number than yours to receive their order before you.

    At today’s date, 3rd Dec 2018 we have shipped or have packaged ready to ship 670 rifles. We have 130 rifles on rout to us and another 70 should be leaving Kodiak today or tomorrow. This gives us a total of 870.

    Kodiak’s weekly production is increasing as new machines come on line so weekly production will be increasing to 200 per week this month. This of course assume that suppliers of parts and raw materials have no delays

    We should have shipped to customers by the year end, at least 1,000 to 1,500 rifles. As we sold 1,000 rifles in the first three days this only takes us to orders placed by 7th Feb.

    Moving into next year we should be in a much stronger position, if production is maintained at 200 units per week all current back orders should be cleared by the end of by March 2019.

    I hate to give out order numbers, but given the time frame I will. Please treat this as very approximate.

    At order number WEBOOO25027 and ORD00025056 we will have reached approx 1,200 rifles, if all goes as planned we should reach at least this, maybe more by the end of the year.

    PS Another 65 rifles just arrived.

    Remember order numbers are order numbers for everything we sell, not just WK180-C rifles. Also an order could be for one rifle or 50!
    - .303
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

  5. #115
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayrl View Post
    Just came across this.
    If its chambered in 5.56. It can still shoot 223. But doesnt the 223 lose a little accuracy If its fired from a 5.56 chamber.
    A question is all. I read anout that in a gun forum. In the past. Thats why the 223 wylde was made.
    There were multiple brands of reamers used. Some were more towards the tight end of the spec which caused some issues with certain brands of ammunition and other brands of ammo have issues with 223 Wylde chambers in general.
    For reliability over a greater cross section of available ammo the change was made.

    Personally due to the issues with some ammo I had, I sent my upper back to Kodiak to get the chamber redone in 5.56 from 223 Wylde.

  6. #116
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by arketh View Post
    There were multiple brands of reamers used. Some were more towards the tight end of the spec which caused some issues with certain brands of ammunition and other brands of ammo have issues with 223 Wylde chambers in general.
    For reliability over a greater cross section of available ammo the change was made.
    This is what I remember reading before. Thanks for clarifying.

  7. #117
    HELP! I sold my soul to the internet
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Manitoba
    Posts
    5,164
    Quote Originally Posted by NSC1234 View Post
    Heard on the grapevine there'll be no more shipments until the new year due to the gat making machines being down?
    Are all 12 of your posts over the past 6 years this helpful? Nothing like spreading rumours like this regarding a topic that already has a lot of people thoroughly stirred up.

    I just received notice that my 180 has been shipped by Frontier Firearms; order dates back to early February. They required no deposit at that time, and do charge the increased price for these rifles when they are shipped. Considering that an order without any money down is really just a request to be notified when/if the product arrives, I don't see a problem with an increase in this case.
    Eat right, don't drink, don't smoke, exercise, get lots of sleep...and die anyway!

  8. #118
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1
    I think Mr. Wolverine is being very transparent and I'm hoping that he will get the 1,200 rifles out to customers before the end of the year. Just one thing I'm not really sure about in all the discussions I have read. For those customers that paid $200 upfront to secure their pre-order, will they still be getting the rifle for the price of $999.99 or are they going to have to pay the additional $100 increase now being requested for purchasing the rifle??

  9. #119
    Member Comrade Ogilvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Cee-8 View Post
    I think Mr. Wolverine is being very transparent and I'm hoping that he will get the 1,200 rifles out to customers before the end of the year. Just one thing I'm not really sure about in all the discussions I have read. For those customers that paid $200 upfront to secure their pre-order, will they still be getting the rifle for the price of $999.99 or are they going to have to pay the additional $100 increase now being requested for purchasing the rifle??
    See page 5, post #47.

  10. #120
    CGN Regular Levon12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Edmonton area, Alberta
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by ;15475682
    At today’s date, 3rd Dec 2018 we have shipped or have packaged ready to ship 670 rifles. We have 130 rifles on rout to us and another 70 should be leaving Kodiak today or tomorrow. This gives us a total of 870.

    Kodiak’s weekly production is increasing as new machines come on line so weekly production will be increasing to 200 per week this month. This of course assume that suppliers of parts and raw materials have no delays

    We should have shipped to customers by the year end, at least 1,000 to 1,500 rifles. As we sold 1,000 rifles in the first three days this only takes us to orders placed by 7th Feb.

    Moving into next year we should be in a much stronger position, if production is maintained at 200 units per week all current back orders should be cleared by the end of by March 2019.

    ...

    At order number WEBOOO25027 and ORD00025056 we will have reached approx 1,200 rifles, if all goes as planned we should reach at least this, maybe more by the end of the year.
    I gotta ask, how many rifles (deposits/ dealers buying them) have been sold so far? Rudimentary maths from your clues tells me its somewhere near 3400!
    NSCC 2018 Designated Marksman champion
    CAFSAC 2018 10th place Service Rifle

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •