CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Wk180-c eta updates

Wolverine Supplies - CGN Sponsor Mr Wolverine's Avatar

Wk180-c eta updates

I am starting this new thread where I will keep everyone advised on the latest developments and updates on the ETA for the WK180-C rifle. Feel free to add comments but I will delete them from time to time to keep this thread short and informative without having to struggle through pages of comments.

We have had a problem with barrels, we had sourced them from a reputable manufacture, Steve from Kodiak visited them to check on their manufacturing facility everything looked good. Later when he checked on delivery Steve discovered that the manufacture had out sourced the barrels to a “no-name” sub contractor. We were assured our cost would be the same but no assurance on quality and no warranty to us. After lots of discussion we decided to cancel this barrel order and look elsewhere, this would mean delays, we were not sure then how long but we were not prepared to gamble with unknown barrel quality.

Barrel blanks our now coming from Fedderson, steel is 4150 and they are button rifled. Kodiak will be profiling them , chambering and fitting barrel extensions. Barrel weight is approx. 1.98 lbs. We will have the first 140 barrels shipped to us the end of next week. Hopefully we will be able to keep the dry weight under 8 lbs. Photo of the barrel profile below.

This barrel issue has set us back approx. 4 weeks, optimistically we will receive some rifles at the end of this month but we do not expect to be shipping before June, initial delivers will be slow but we intend to have weekly shipments from Kodiak and ramp up production as fast as we can.

Below are photos of the production hand guard, I expect a sample here next week and more details will follow then.

As always we thank everyone for their continued patience and support.

Last edited by Wolverine .303; 05-16-2018 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Spelling
    John Hipwell
    Wolverine Supplies
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    Fax: (204) 748-1805
    E-mail: John@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

Thanks for the update! Hopefully production gets back on track soon!

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet CV32's Avatar
    Encouraging to hear the approach to QA.
    "There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices. To be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill, and suspicion can destroy, and the frightened, thoughtless search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own ..." - The Twilight Zone

Big Mouth
    Thanks for the update and good call on getting a better source for your barrels.

Super GunNutz
    Imagine if BCL operated with transparency like this. There have been delays. Here is why. Pretty simple.

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet driller212's Avatar
    I am glad you guys decided to go this way. Waiting another month or so isn't a big deal. Thanks!
    Shootin' stuff in the Wild West

"Somehow, democracy has become a selection of stale left-overs that no one wants".- HWally

Super GunNutz
    Glad to see you are not settling for an unknown and possibly sub-par product. Not only is this a QC issue but unknown and unproven components could potentially be a safety issue. You made the right call to do this.

I'm not worried about the delay. I actually expected some. Production delays like this are inevitable.

Thanks for being transparent and showing us that you are making every attempt to deliver quality product.

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet Mark-II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jza View Post
    Imagine if BCL operated with transparency like this. There have been delays. Here is why. Pretty simple.
    Can we NOT sperg off topic on a thread that has nothing to do with BCL?
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    Can we NOT sperg off topic on a thread that has nothing to do with BCL?
    Thank you. I was just gonna chime in. I'm getting really tired of hearing all this whining.
    "Yeah, when we shot at the Americans it wasn't so bad because they would shoot back and roll on through.
    But when we shot at the Canadians they would get out and kill everyone."

I have no life
    Would that be considered about medium profile?

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast