Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HUDSON H9 9MM 3-15/10RD BLK IN CANADA On Sale!!! 1089.65USD

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stine81 View Post
    https://www.recoilweb.com/hudson-man...ts-149415.html

I would cautious about these as it seems that most of the pistols are now just part piles and the company owes millions and can't afford to rebuild warranty pistols.
    If I'm not mistaken, the guns that are piles of parts are guns that were sent in for warranty work. I could be mistaken though.

I saw one of these on the EE for like $1400 yesterday. I laughed. What a joke, who would spend that kind of money on a niche pistol that has no warranty, no spare parts, and no support?

I get it, lots of people buy norincos that have similar levels of warranty and support, but at least they're cheap, and you can often fit parts from the guns they copied (eg Sig parts in an NP22/34, Browning parts in the knock off takedown 22lr)
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, the guns that are piles of parts are guns that were sent in for warranty work. I could be mistaken though.

I saw one of these on the EE for like $1400 yesterday. I laughed. What a joke, who would spend that kind of money on a niche pistol that has no warranty, no spare parts, and no support?

I get it, lots of people buy norincos that have similar levels of warranty and support, but at least they're cheap, and you can often fit parts from the guns they copied (eg Sig parts in an NP22/34, Browning parts in the knock off takedown 22lr)

If you're a gun collector that could be a prized piece! I thought about it. Not to shoot... well not more than once anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MuthaFunk View Post
    If you're a gun collector that could be a prized piece! I thought about it. Not to shoot... well not more than once anyway.
    Right now I feel like they are too new and there are too many for them to be good collector items, but with time you're probably right.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Kinda ugly but not really. There are way uglier pistols out there. Though I wonder why they decided to design it like that? Wonder if the slide being lower down makes the recoil any better. Might have a better center of gravity.

I think it's wicked lookin'... Sad to hear the company isn't doing well, because I'd like to get one down the road.
    have gun. will travel.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mebiuspower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gummo View Post
    Sad to hear the company isn't doing well,
    That's a nice way to put it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer beltfed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post

The ones in 'piles' are in for warranty.

It's going to depend on how many are in the wild and how many survive, but it is plausible they end up being in the same category as a Bren Ten, H&K P8 or other rather obscure low numbers pistols out there as part of a collection.
    It might be worth the cost of admission to buy one new and see how it plays out over the long haul.
    I suspect the vultures are circling over the remains of the company to see what can be salvaged and to see if the design is even still viable.
    Even if the design is re-booted, I suspect the first generation Hudsons could command a premium as a collectable down the road.
    Life Member CCFR and CSSA
    Posts made by the pseudonym "Beltfed" may not accurately reflect the beliefs and opinions of the Registered User.

Quote Originally Posted by beltfed View Post
    The ones in 'piles' are in for warranty.

It's going to depend on how many are in the wild and how many survive, but it is plausible they end up being in the same category as a Bren Ten, H&K P8 or other rather obscure low numbers pistols out there as part of a collection.
    It might be worth the cost of admission to buy one new and see how it plays out over the long haul.
    I suspect the vultures are circling over the remains of the company to see what can be salvaged and to see if the design is even still viable.
    Even if the design is re-booted, I suspect the first generation Hudsons could command a premium as a collectable down the road.
    By most accounts they are fine pistols. Ian from forgotten weapons suggested they shot themselves in the foot by announcing the aluminum frame version at Shot Show well before they could actually produce them and a lot of would-be buyers didn't buy the steel frame version in anticipation of the aluminum ones - Ian said that's exactly what he did even. He got to shoot the aluminum one at shot show and decided he'd rather wait for the lighter gun. Therefore if someone could produce the aluminum frame version they very well might be able to resurrect this, however it would be a gamble and I'm not sure if anyone is willing to take that gamble.

I personally still want one. I have always admired them, I’m just waiting for the price to become a little more palatable.
    Just a dude up in Canada that likes guns
    Have Faith. Have Freedom. Have Fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Arm&Gun View Post
    I personally still want one. I have always admired them, I’m just waiting for the price to become a little more palatable.
    Good luck with that! If people start to consider them collector items they'll only go up in price. If they just die out without much fanfare they'll be impossible to get parts for and there are known issues with them (why else would so many be at Hudson for warranty work?) so you're either going to pay more, or have a gun you wouldn't want to shoot much for fear of breakage.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast