Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HUDSON H9 9MM 3-15/10RD BLK IN CANADA On Sale!!! 1089.65USD

I’m fine with it being a collector piece. I’m aware they had some issues, and would be reluctant to put a bunch of rounds through it. I also think there’s a decent possibility of another company taking up the concept and doing something similar.
    Just a dude up in Canada that likes guns
    Have Faith. Have Freedom. Have Fun.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer beltfed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Good luck with that! If people start to consider them collector items they'll only go up in price. If they just die out without much fanfare they'll be impossible to get parts for and there are known issues with them (why else would so many be at Hudson for warranty work?) so you're either going to pay more, or have a gun you wouldn't want to shoot much for fear of breakage.
    I think they will go up in price. People complain about a $1500 striker fired pistol, but have no qualms about spending thousands on a tarted up 1911.
    I have a $2000 Dan Wesson, which are well respected quality wise, and the Hudson is every bit as good. The DW doesn't even scratch the surface of the top of the 1911 market.
    Even with a dated and dubious history of reliability when mucked with, the 1911 chugs along if done right, and still people screw with them and the tolerances.

I think the biggest issue Hudson had overall is going at it too big, too fast.
    There was outsourcing of the majority of the manufacturing and machine work, then switching specifications mid stream.
    That cost them in QC and added layers of complication like 3rd party contractors, shipping, etc.
    They are not an uncomplicated pistol - similar to the 1911 in that regard - and I can see even small tolerance issues creating QC problems for the guns.
    If they stuck to a small boutique manufacturer like they should have, they would not have extended themselves out there like they did.
    Regardless, I don't think they sold that many and even less had issues that came back to them - I think a lot of what is on the net and on forums is blown way out of proportion.

Anyhow, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy means they are finished.
    Maybe someone will step in and pick over the bones and try and capitalize on the design, because they are a pretty decent pistol.
    Life Member CCFR and CSSA
    Posts made by the pseudonym "Beltfed" may not accurately reflect the beliefs and opinions of the Registered User.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    79 piles of parts it seems.

In Hudson Manufacturing’s 54-page bankruptcy filing outlining more than $11.6m in liabilities, there’s a section titled Property the Debtor Holds or Controls That the Debtor Does Not Own.

That section lists 79 warranty items. Curiously, every one of the items lists a value of $0.
    https://www.recoilweb.com/hudson-man...ts-149415.html

Anyone know if $11.6mil in liabilities is a small, average, or big number in relationto a gun company of this size? I'm sure other small gun companies have bit the dust, anyone we can compare these guys to?
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123