Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Small run of 12GA sub-calibre adapters

Last edited by 9x19p; 04-02-2020 at 11:19 AM.

Don't rifled ones have an issue with counter spinning? Thus negating and rifling spin anyways?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer philhut's Avatar
    gives us a change to shoot the ammo we have once they take everything else away but our single shot shotguns. preplanning for the RCMP police state.

I could see maybe a .22lr and 9mm doing well enough, even 7.62x39 or .223 maybe. rifling would be better but the novelty is mostly the idea that "it can" work in a pinch but still better off in the real firearm intended.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SceptreStart View Post
    The rifled ones are 5" and the unrifled are only 2.5". Would the shorter ones not be prohibited barrels?
    Only handgun barrels less than 105mm long are prohibited devices, nothing to do with these adapters.

Super GunNutz
    I imagine the 2.5" was to allow these to cycle through an action. That said, I think most of your buyers will be using break actions (maybe bolt) where an eight to ten inch rifled gives a huge advantage: one relatively light gun combo that can harvest / forage anything.

My personal want: 10" rifled in .327 Federal and 7.62 x 25mm. Willing to pay $150.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer geologist's Avatar
    I think the steel extractors might damage these aluminum adapters hence the use mainly in break actions.
    "Conservation is the mark of a dying civilization. When your technology is not increasing at the same rate as your population growth you are done. Bring on the next contender.".

CGN Regular
    I'm interested in the .45 ACP one though wondering about legality, once you put that into a short shotgun barrel, would it be considerd a short rifle aka be restricted ?

I made one of these on a lathe 50 years ago for .410 and used it on a side by side. It worked OK but I had to use a knife point for an ejector. I never used it much as .410's were more expensive than Canucks even back then. I just did it because I could.

Pretty sure rifle calibers will bulge the barrel, these I think will be very popular with rifling in 22lr and 9mm

CGN Regular
    Friend has been looking for a .32acp chamber insert for a while

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast