Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got my license with conditioned ATT but threw away the paper

Got my license with conditioned ATT but threw away the paper

Hi folks,

I have a silly question. I received my RPAL with the ATT incorporated to it. What I failed to realize was that the paper attached to it had the transportation conditions.

Basically I threw away all the paper that came and just kept the RPAL card. Is that a problem? Did I have to keep some of that paper when transporting restricted to the range? What else do you guys carry to the range other than your license and registration?

Technically yes you need the paper.

Practically its not an issue, most police and even people that work at the CFC dont even know about it.

Shawn

Buddy of mine had the same problem, he downloaded the paper from one of the Government web sites.(CFO or RCMP?) Doesn't have his licence number or ID on it but has all the same info as the original otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by rodauto View Post
    Buddy of mine had the same problem, he downloaded the paper from one of the Government web sites.(CFO or RCMP?) Doesn't have his licence number or ID on it but has all the same info as the original otherwise.
    Sorry but that is a no go and will not help him, its part or your license. Any more than I can go to the DMV website and print off a copy of a blank drivers license and it counts as my drivers license. Just FYI

Shawn

I actually just called CFP to be safe. They said I don't need that paper even though it says to keep it, I would only need it if I had some sort of special condition on it. She emailed me a copy either way, and in there there is no personal information.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by qtgun View Post
    I actually just called CFP to be safe. They said I don't need that paper even though it says to keep it, I would only need it if I had some sort of special condition on it. She emailed me a copy either way, and in there there is no personal information.
    Sounds strange.
    I just checked mine in my wallet. If you have an RPAL, I would think it would have 6 "Special Conditions" listed on it like mine has.
    Mine also has my full name, licence number and exp date shown on it.
    On the back it clearly says to carry it with me as I must be able to produce it on demand if requested.

All that because looking at my RPAL card with 12.6 wouldn't be enough I guess.

CGN Regular
    The paper does have information on it specific to your circumstances. Once you get your RPAL you will get a paper copy with no terms on it, and then when you get your first restricted they will send you an updated licence and paper copy with a new version of the terms.

The terms are not the same for all situations.

I did a copy/reduce and carry a smaller sized copy that I fold around my licence.

CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by qtgun View Post
    The secretary you talked too was wrong.

The conditions you have on your license are special conditions

Shawn

CGN Regular
    I also called about this (put my wallet through the wash and damage the paper). The woman at the CFP said it is 'attached to my lincence' and that the police could 'look it up'. I specifically mentioned it says on the paper to keep it with the license. She refused to email me a copy but said she could snail mail it over.

Ryan

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEater View Post
    The paper does have information on it specific to your circumstances. Once you get your RPAL you will get a paper copy with no terms on it, and then when you get your first restricted they will send you an updated licence and paper copy with a new version of the terms.

The terms are not the same for all situations.

I did a copy/reduce and carry a smaller sized copy that I fold around my licence.

It's my understanding that a copy is not acceptable. You must produce the original.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast