Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The WK Utility Rifle

Quote Originally Posted by tinman304 View Post
    Price?
    To early to be sure but my target retail is sub $1,500.00 but I am not sure if we will be able to make it. No promises with this girl. I am of the old school, I prefer larger calibers so I am really looking forward to test firing this beauty.

+1 great idea

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine .303 View Post

Well well well what do we have here!? It appears to be a pre-production prototype for the new WK Utility Rifle... Interesting!! Just thought I would share this one with your fine folks while we await our first production run of WK-180Cs. This unit here is still in the works so no, you cannot order, and no, there is no price or time frame. We just want to keep you in the loop the farther we progress with this beauty!

What is shown here is the big brother to the WK180-C, this unit will be chambered in the larger 30 Cal cartridges, it is shown with a M-Lok handguard, and it will utilize SR-25 patterned mags.

What do you all think!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CobraGT's Avatar
    I like everything about it except the stock. Why every rifle needs an AR stock is beyond me, when there are so m any other options for a rifle that doesn't require an AR-pattern buffer. Many if not most users will likely be swapping the stock for an ACR, AKFX, Vz58, or some other kind of stock anyway... why not sell it with no stock, and some reasonably-priced adapters for different other stocks, including an AR buffer tube adapter for those who want an AR style stock? Or make the rear of the receiver compatible with Stormwerkz adapters and let people do whatever they want from there... I know, cost, but it seems like a shame to buy a rifle with a stock I know I'll be ditching almost immediately.
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intelligor illis
    EE Ads: Insurance is NOT included on any agreed "shipped" price!
    I take no responsibility for an EE item once it has been shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by CobraGT View Post
    I like everything about it except the stock. Why every rifle needs an AR stock is beyond me, when there are so m any other options for a rifle that doesn't require an AR-pattern buffer. Many if not most users will likely be swapping the stock for an ACR, AKFX, Vz58, or some other kind of stock anyway... why not sell it with no stock, and some reasonably-priced adapters for different other stocks, including an AR buffer tube adapter for those who want an AR style stock? Or make the rear of the receiver compatible with Stormwerkz adapters and let people do whatever they want from there... I know, cost, but it seems like a shame to buy a rifle with a stock I know I'll be ditching almost immediately.
    Very valid point, I agree with you, I think this rifle deserves at least a good fixed stock or she will come with a FN FAL Paratrooper type stock which would be my first choice. Anyway we have lots of time to work out these details.

I like the ar stocks, there is a reason they are used so much... they work

Quote Originally Posted by Hihi962 View Post
    I like the ar stocks, there is a reason they are used so much... they work
    We use them only because they are the cheapest, yes they work but only because they are adequate, not the best.

Looks good but I think the brake and bolt handle could use another trip to the drawing board.
    https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-2582
    https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-2576
    https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-2574

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scarecrow's Avatar
    Maybe it should be considered to make the rifles compatible with the SIG MCX stock?

Order in council, for when politicians want to order people instead of being ordered by the people.

Should police follow the law or should law follow the police?

CGN Regular Animatronic Fireman's Avatar
    Overall I like it, will be very interested in the runs of different calibers.

I know it is more expensive but the FAL charging handle would be awesome. Super clean look.

Looks like i'm going to have to buy a gun to match that sr 25 mag i've got kicking around