Thread: 357 Reloaded Ammo Info

CGN frequent flyer

357 Reloaded Ammo Info

I purchased some of your 357 reloaded ammo. I am extremely pleased with it. Clean and 100% reliable so far. Will be buying more soon. One thing I did notice however is that its defiantly turned down compared to commercial factory ammo. 125gr Remington for example kicks quite a bit harder then the 158 grain reloads. Do you have any velocity specs or loading info on these. I plan to continue to use them but I dont own a chrono yet so Im guessing at fps.
    Take someone shooting - Encourage someone to get a Pal/ RPal

Business Member Western Metal Inc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungestPiperCub View Post
    I purchased some of your 357 reloaded ammo. I am extremely pleased with it. Clean and 100% reliable so far. Will be buying more soon. One thing I did notice however is that its defiantly turned down compared to commercial factory ammo. 125gr Remington for example kicks quite a bit harder then the 158 grain reloads. Do you have any velocity specs or loading info on these. I plan to continue to use them but I dont own a chrono yet so Im guessing at fps.
    We create the 357 - 158 grain to Saami specs (in the high end) 1180 fps - 1200 fps. The 125 grain ammo in 357 tends to be a bit snappier.
    On a personal note - I shot the 158 grain out of my Coonan and it cycled flawlessly. It was the best round I have shot out of that firearm.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Western Metal Inc View Post
    We create the 357 - 158 grain to Saami specs (in the high end) 1180 fps - 1200 fps. The 125 grain ammo in 357 tends to be a bit snappier.
    On a personal note - I shot the 158 grain out of my Coonan and it cycled flawlessly. It was the best round I have shot out of that firearm.
    Interesting. I wondered if it had to do with weight. Ok I will use 1200 for now till I get a chrono!

Thanks for the reply. Loving the Ammo
    Take someone shooting - Encourage someone to get a Pal/ RPal