Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remington emerges from Chapter 11

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    So does this mean we will getting our REBATE cheques from December 2017??

I think one of Remington's key problems is that their most popular products, the Models 700 and 870, are older designs that can't compete on the budget end of the market amymore without cutting drastic corners.
    Canada is done, save the West.

Glad the buggers made 'er through. Now maybe they can tweek the 783 line by putting alloy trigger guards & bottom metal on some models along with bring out a PRS & Varmint version for all us folks that want 'em. The 870 could be revamped by going with a rotary bolt head to barrel lockup like the Winchester 1200 or Benelli Nova system along with .775" bore barrels on the 12 ga guns to get better patterns with steel shot. A needed plus for us Trap shooters as well.
    *LEAD* Still the best boolit material for huntin' & plinkin' for over 600 yrs.
    Shoot well & load better.

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to care.

Remington could EASILY get out of debt if they would just make the XM2010/MSR for public sale....
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left." - Bertrand Russell

Outstanding. Where there's a will there's a way. I'm really happy that this historic company will still be able to provide me with small arms for years to come.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 870P View Post
    I think one of Remington's key problems is that their most popular products, the Models 700 and 870, are older designs that can't compete on the budget end of the market amymore without cutting drastic corners.
    Their problem is they were saddled with debt by intent knowing full well that the company could recover.

Awesome news. I love my Remington's!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CZ_Brno's Avatar
    The last 2 Remingtons I got are prone to rusting which none of my other guns are. VERY VERY poor quality control. I will never buy a Remington again unless it's an older used one.
    Brno Arms had and still has reputation for extremely talented designers, engineers, their DESIGN - WAY AHEAD OF OTHERS, WAY AHEAD OF TIME, UNCOMPROMIZING QUALITY, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OLD WORLD CRAFTSMANSHIP and long LASTING BEAUTY ~Brnomann

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CZ_Brno View Post
    The last 2 Remingtons I got are prone to rusting which none of my other guns are. VERY VERY poor quality control. I will never buy a Remington again unless it's an older used one.
    With your screen name and sigline, I’m surprised you actually own any Rems!
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Freedom group, i would never buy their products.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast