Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Presale on Non Restricted Ruger PC 9mm Carbine

CGN Regular
    What is the final price, 799 ?

Quote Originally Posted by jacotsmith View Post
    If you don't want yours anymore you could sell it to me
    You can still preorder from Prophet ... 200 deposit gets you one ?

Quote Originally Posted by wayupnorth View Post
    well, im a little disheartened.
    i just saw 3 gun stores that actually have (had) these guns in stock on Friday.... and im still waiting for my pre-order.

i somehow imagined that my pre-order would have had my rifle in my hands before random gun stores would be selling them open to everyone.

im fairly certain that that im almost disappointed enough to walk away from this entire PC9 debacle, which is saying a lot considering ive wanted one since 1996!

im almost more interested now to see just when i get one, kinda a running joke - morbid sense of curiosity - rather than the excitement for a new toy that it should be.
    +1 on the above. This entire exercise has been ridiculously shameful.

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    i just saw 3 gun stores that actually have (had) these guns in stock on Friday.... and im still waiting for my pre-order.

i somehow imagined that my pre-order would have had my rifle in my hands before random gun stores would be selling them open to everyone.

im fairly certain that that im almost disappointed enough to walk away from this entire PC9 debacle, which is saying a lot considering ive wanted one since 1996!

im almost more interested now to see just when i get one, kinda a running joke - morbid sense of curiosity - rather than the excitement for a new toy that it should be.
    We are not holding anyone to their deposit . If they prefer to find one in stock at a retailer that did not take preorders, they are welcome to do so. We have been on top of this as well as anybody but we do not manufacturer these rifles, so, all we can do is keep asking and ensure we get as many of each shipment as we can. Its nice to see some number coming in and we are not raising the price even though Ruger did (hence those you see in stock are at a higher price)
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Thing that puzzles me ? Is you would think Ruger would just make the one run of these rifles then be done with it
    Me thinks Ruger has shipped the receivers to the jobber barrel contractor to be finished. Therefore piece meal finished rifles.
    Guys that got theirs and call the rest of us cry baby's.. please jump in with more smart ass comments

No disrespect to Prophet River intended

Certainly this Ruger PC9 fiasco gives one pause for thought . When one of the biggest Firearm Manufacturers can't meet their commitments to the Firearm Community /retailers who sell their products, the questions begs to be asked Why ! The fact that the Distributors appeared to be cloaked in secrecy and have requested Dealers not to disclose numbers shipped is not only bewildering but preposterous . Are they not treating Dealers as equals or does it translate into tiered retailing ? They should bear in mind that is the Dealers such as Prophet River that have to answer the Customer inquiries ! Can the Dealers not band together and demand a legitimate response from Ruger . Prophet River has garnered my respect as a premium Firearm retailer and are not doubt as discontented as the Customers that are awaiting their next addition to the Gun safe .

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet River View Post
    We are not holding anyone to their deposit . If they prefer to find one in stock at a retailer that did not take preorders, they are welcome to do so. We have been on top of this as well as anybody but we do not manufacturer these rifles, so, all we can do is keep asking and ensure we get as many of each shipment as we can. Its nice to see some number coming in and we are not raising the price even though Ruger did (hence those you see in stock are at a higher price)
    The question is how does Ruger get away with simply "raising the price" once the orders have been submitted . Is there not a contractual obligation to honor the agreed upon terms ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    All good points Redcoat.. I quess when people with good faith deal with people with none..
    This is what happens.. The small market argument is getting old

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcoat View Post
    The question is how does Ruger get away with simply "raising the price" once the orders have been submitted . Is there not a contractual obligation to honor the agreed upon terms ?
    Unfortunately, no. Prices can change any time up to the date they ship
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    Thing that puzzles me ? Is you would think Ruger would just make the one run of these rifles then be done with it
    Me thinks Ruger has shipped the receivers to the jobber barrel contractor to be finished. Therefore piece meal finished rifles.
    Guys that got theirs and call the rest of us cry baby's.. please jump in with more smart ass comments

No disrespect to Prophet River intended
    The PCC is a take down. There is no need for the receivers to accompany the barrels during mamufacture.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoat View Post
    Certainly this Ruger PC9 fiasco gives one pause for thought . When one of the biggest Firearm Manufacturers can't meet their commitments to the Firearm Community /retailers who sell their products, the questions begs to be asked Why ! The fact that the Distributors appeared to be cloaked in secrecy and have requested Dealers not to disclose numbers shipped is not only bewildering but preposterous . Are they not treating Dealers as equals or does it translate into tiered retailing ? They should bear in mind that is the Dealers such as Prophet River that have to answer the Customer inquiries ! Can the Dealers not band together and demand a legitimate response from Ruger . Prophet River has garnered my respect as a premium Firearm retailer and are not doubt as discontented as the Customers that are awaiting their next addition to the Gun safe .

Please stop calling it a PC9. That is an entirely different firearm.