Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Presale on Non Restricted Ruger PC 9mm Carbine

Quote Originally Posted by 357Maximum View Post
    I spend a dollar or 2 at Prophet River every year.

Haven't purchased a new firearm from anyone else for along time.

PR is by far the most ethical honest straight forward dealer in existence. Their are others that strive to obtain that level.

You can pee and moan about a lot of issues.

Strongly suggest that you take up supply issues from a Distributor or Manufactor with the appropriate parties directly.

I agree Prophet River is certainly ethical and beyond reproach , they run a first class business . However we as Customers can’t have a direct conversation with distributors to my knowledge .Customers are frustrated and as long as they are respectful that’s okay . I don’t know why Ruger is not more forthcoming with the Dealers that sell their Firearms .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom E Gun View Post
    That is very reasonable of you. In my opinion PR is one of best of the CGN sponsor retailers. I have sent you an email to cancel my preorder as I found one in stock at another vendor.
    Cheers
    TEG
    X2 I had to grab one when I could

Quote Originally Posted by Yycbulletsandbrass View Post
    Why not call it the Ruger ak47 if names don't mean anything. The PC9 is a different rifle.
    The one I just bought is a PC9 and that is what I'm going to call it

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    X2 I had to grab one when I could

The one I just bought is a PC9 and that is what I'm going to call it
    If it's new in box and uses Ruger sr9 or American mags or Glock mags then it is not a PC9. That would be a Ruger PCC.

Quote Originally Posted by Xippper View Post
    +1 on the above. This entire exercise has been ridiculously shameful.
    Just so everyone knows, my dissatisfaction is with Ruger and the rep who insists on cloak and dagger secrecy. The secrecy suggests they are doing something unethical... Don't know what exactly - probably stocking one dealer more than another when they shouldn't be (preferential treatment to one vendor me thinks).

I realize that PR is as much a victim of this BS as we are. No fault on their part - except perhaps where the term 'pre-order' was used... I agree that the term lends one to believe that they would receive their order BEFORE the rest of the country, not after. If there is no advantage - actually a disadvantage as we've seen - to making a preorder, then what's the point???

"Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by incompetence." - Napoleon.

I know people are frustrated, but it's most likely a result of cumulative small delays all the way down the production and distribution line in my opinion. And anyone who's been around long enough should know that preorders being filled on time and on the original price point are the exception to the rule.

The good news is it sounds like these little plinkers are worth the wait. Looking forward to getting my hands on one soon!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer wayupnorth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacotsmith View Post
    "Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by incompetence." - Napoleon.

I know people are frustrated, but it's most likely a result of cumulative small delays all the way down the production and distribution line in my opinion. And anyone who's been around long enough should know that preorders being filled on time and on the original price point are the exception to the rule.

The good news is it sounds like these little plinkers are worth the wait. Looking forward to getting my hands on one soon!
    youve missed the point.
    we all know there has been delays in production.
    what we are ticked off over is the fact that the rifles are coming for sale all over and the pre-order list has what.... 5 out of 67 delivered?
    what we are saying is what is the point of doing a pre-order when we could have not given over hundreds of dollars for months and instead kept our money and just straight purchased the rifle before 90% of the people who pre-ordered would see theirs.
    we are ticked about the pre-order part of this.
    Things either are what they appear to be;
    or they neither are, nor appear to be;
    or they are, and do not appear to be;
    or they are not, and yet appear to be.

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    We have more here now and will be contacting clients shortly if they are included in this load.
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet River View Post
    We have more here now and will be contacting clients shortly if they are included in this load.
    The question begs to be asked .... are we closer to the end or the beginning............

Who cares what the Ruger rep says.... We've put money on the table and deserve to know how many have arrived and/or are on the way. I am a sales rep myself and I'd never insist on this sort of secrecy for any reason. What is Ruger trying to hide?? Other than their incompetence...

My patience has limits and we are getting closer and closer by the minute.
    Last edited by Xippper; 11-05-2018 at 06:25 PM.

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xippper View Post
    Who cares what the Ruger rep says.... We've put money on the table and deserve to know how many have arrived and/or are on the way. I am a sales rep myself and I'd never insist on this sort of secrecy for any reason. What is Ruger trying to hide?? Other than their incompetence...

My patience has limits and we are getting closer and closer by the minute.
    5 more came in today. We have asked how many more are on the way.
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9