Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PAL application with depression 8 years ago ( CFO ask for further screening)

Quote Originally Posted by Gusdonvaleir View Post
    I don't understand the problem and why you created a thread. You called them, and they told you everything.
    Nice first post., bumping a dead 2 year old thread.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by OkayShooter View Post
    Because it's an important topic. Many people avoid seeking help, because they are afraid of having their firearms taken away, or afraid to get their license. Because some minor everybody deals with it depression. Just be honest.
    Let alone the stigma in society...

Ten years ago, I had to go to the hospital and because of that, I didn't apply for a PAL because I wasn't in the "right state of mind".

When I submitted my RPAL application last week, I answered "No" to the question "Have you ever threatened or attempted suicide..." (in my defense, it used to only ask within 5 years), because the police wasn't involved, medical records must remain confidential by law, answering "Yes" would delay your application just like the guy above and as a consequence, that would make you liable to the new red flag laws since doctor-patient confidentiality law was changed in 2016. The CFO would maybe call my doctor during my RPAL application screening to let them know if there are any slight change in my mental state and because of that, I don't want my rare and collectible firearms to get impounded by the police.

I'll let everyone know how my application turns out.

@Malishman any update on your application?

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgiccollector View Post
    I doubt he's going to get the verdict on his application just yet, will likely take a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgiccollector View Post
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...t-Time/page666
    Calling the reference number as PAL verification is a logical fallacy that destroys the gun community. It's sole purpose is to rebuild the government's backdoor NR registry. Otherwise, it would've also been required for ammo purchase.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12