Thread: cleaning

cleaning

what you guys use and or think is the best to use for cleaning and storing... bore cleaner, outside body cleaner .... lube?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    Dont use the dishwasher is all I am gonna say.
    Rob
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nomad 68's Avatar
    NS,Alberta and sometimes, points in between
    Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    Rob
    Bahahahaha!!!

CGN frequent flyer
    I’m a recent fanboy for Wipeout, they have a few different products (all work as advertised for me). For oil I bought the CLP in a grey unmarked bottle from CanAm, seems to work great in and out of my firearms. I recently stopped using Frog Lube, I’m going to do more research but it potentially left orange residue in a rifle barrel.

OTIS Gun Cleaning Kit---comes with Premium Bore Cleaner...get the whole kit and booklet, too boot, index of the book with the kit covers gun cleaning procedure, components, creating a swap, rifle, shotgun and auto loading pistol cleaning, revolver cleaning, small cal, military, bore brushes (the kit comes with a slew of brushes) hints, tips....it comes in a sturdy carrying case, brushes are all in little containers, bore cleaners, made in Lyons Falls, NY...not sure the cost as this was a gift...it's a great kit.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fiddler's Avatar
    I use metallic bore cleaner once every ten years on a rifle I shoot a lot, or on a new to me surplus rifle once. No more is needed.
    When all else fails, Bark like a dog !

I currently use M Pro 7 and Frog Lube. Used to use old fashioned petroleum based cleaners but after reading a number of long term tests and comparisons became convinced it was time to use some modern product. Haven't looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    Rob
    If you cleaning corrosive off an SKS the dishwasher isn't a bad idea I've actually used my shower head and hot water to clean it once. My wife wasn't happy with the bath rings after that one! I think it was huntinggearguy or some other who tested a bunch of cleaners on steel with corrosive primer residue.. and the hot water was the best!

CLP works for me....

Blaming guns for gun crime is like blaming spoons for Rosie O'Donnell being fat...