Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 356789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Back from the Dead: LAST CHANCE TO OWN THE LEGENDARY MATEBA MODEL 6 AUTOREVOLVER

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kingjenky's Avatar
    It’s May now ......what’s the word?.
    We are all so politically correct!!!! its gonna ruin us all......

Btt!

Btt

Uber Super GunNutz barrett50cal's Avatar
    I was told these are coming soon.
    Does anyone want to take my spot?

I ordered a .357 Magnum, 6", blued.

Tactical Imports won't refund my deposit -- I was told to find another buyer to take over my order.
    You'd think the unreasonably-long delay would justify a refund (....told it would be 90 days, it's been over a year now....)

Anyway, PM me if you're interested. You'll have to pay me the amount I deposited ($1226.05), then take my spot on the list. I already have Tactical Imports' okay that we can do this.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barrett50cal View Post
    Tactical Imports won't refund my deposit
    What happens if an Order In Council comes down and makes them prohibited and impossible to import before they pass the border? I know that is fear mongering, but deposits had better be done then.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Milanczar's Avatar
    Cabin boy aboard the New England whaler Pequod

Tactical Imports won't refund my deposit -- I was told to find another buyer to take over my order.
    You'd think the unreasonably-long delay would justify a refund (....told it would be 90 days, it's been over a year now....)

Anyway, PM me if you're interested. You'll have to pay me the amount I deposited ($1226.05), then take my spot on the list. I already have Tactical Imports' okay that we can do this.
    Good luck.

This is why a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Was that in the terms of a contract you agreed to? That the refund was forfeit for vendor non performance?

The refusal to provide a refund when the product cannot be delivered as promised is completely unacceptable.

Therefore it would be irresponsible for anyone to take such a risk or to reward that behavior.

What else are they capable of or will rationalize or justify.

This is actually only useful as a warning for any future/potential consumers.
    The path to my fixed purpose is laid with iron rails, whereon my soul is grooved to run.
    - Moby Dick, Herman Melville

Uber Super GunNutz
    Lol.

So glad I didn't commit.
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

PM sent.

Quote Originally Posted by Aniest View Post
    What happens if an Order In Council comes down and makes them prohibited and impossible to import before they pass the border? I know that is fear mongering, but deposits had better be done then.
    Good question — that would be a bridge we’d cross once encountered, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Milanczar View Post
    Good luck.

This is why a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Was that in the terms of a contract you agreed to? That the refund was forfeit for vendor non performance?

The refusal to provide a refund when the product cannot be as promised is completely unacceptable.

Therefore it would be irresponsible for anyone to take such a risk or to reward that behavior.

What else are they capable of or will rationalize or justify.

This is actually only useful as a warning for any future/potential consumers.
    Although I agree with you in principle, and I believe I could win the fight for a refund if I wanted to — I have had good past relations with Tactical Imports so I’m looking for a win-win that considers their interests as well as mine. That’s not just altruistic, it’s because they get guns I want, and I wish to keep the mutual goodwill we’ve established.

So first we will try the solution they’ve asked for, which is to find another buyer to take my place.
    If that fails then I’ll consider Plan B.

Quote Originally Posted by aakoksal View Post
    PM sent.
    Thanks aakoksal