Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: Back from the Dead: LAST CHANCE TO OWN THE LEGENDARY MATEBA MODEL 6 AUTOREVOLVER

Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Imports View Post
    We have been emailing them several times per week, still havent got the info we need yet. We may extend the deadline accordingly depending on when we receive the pricing
    That would be fantastic, if possible: this is not like a standard order concerning a regular derivative that I can just randomly examine a similar firearm at the local store for a reference point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bracketman View Post
    Thanks for the update. I also did contact them by phone, but the language barrier is there and I couldn't understand much from the person I was talking to - conversation lasted about 2 1/2 minutes.

From what I could gather they told me to look at the website - but the website isn't working correctly (certificate error of some sort or it's hacked, something along those lines). I do know that when you look at their website they copied/pasted their product description from the Matebafan website for the .357 info, so you get all calibers and barrel lengths being offered (minus 5", though it was offered in the past so I'm assuming Matebafan missed this). For the .44 mag main description, it states barrel lengths from 5 - 8". I will assume that the .357 will also have a 5" barrel option, since it wouldn't make much sense if it didn't.

Under the parts category for revolvers there is nothing listed but the picatinny mounts - and that is a big problem if true. However, even at the recent IWA when Mateba was there, we can clearly see they had compensators on at least one 6 Unica, so I would assume spare & accessory parts can be purchased, they just don't have them listed.

I can also say I'm far more concerned with spare & additional parts than any warranty work. Since this company stopped producing these guns for almost 20 years, and if this is a limited time event, I can't see them hoarding any parts for future issues. Springs, grips, compensators, barrels & shrouds (edit: and cylinders) - these are the main items & prices I need to know. Any other extra stuff you can coax out of them, great.

I also don't know if they said they're making .454 versions or not.. I heard yes and no lol.
    My understanding, from the talks I have had, is that the 5" is only for the .44 magnum.

.44 ='s 5" - 8"

The .357 had snubby barrels in the past, but ran up to 6" and 8"

No 5" for that model.

I would prefer a .454 (or .460, seeing as one of the Mateba guy's thought that sounded like a blast for the American market: ie, hunting capable and spring swap down to .454 and 45 long colt...) but, with the language barrier again - I cannot guarantee it as a future option. Therefore, I may be forced to downgrade to a lesser model.

CGN Regular
    Hey Tactical Imports, you might want to hold off the deadline not only to get more info, but perhaps renegotiate the pricing. If one creates an account on their website, the price for all items drops about 20% (or ~ $2500 CAD for a 6 Unica) - and I'm assuming you guys can match/beat what they're offering due to quantites. Here is a pic of the 6 Unica prices:

At least their website is working again, and they added two additional 6 Unica spare parts on there.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 7offsuit2 View Post
    My understanding, from the talks I have had, is that the 5" is only for the .44 magnum.

.44 ='s 5" - 8"

The .357 had snubby barrels in the past, but ran up to 6" and 8"

No 5" for that model.

I would prefer a .454 (or .460, seeing as one of the Mateba guy's thought that sounded like a blast for the American market: ie, hunting capable and spring swap down to .454 and 45 long colt...) but, with the language barrier again - I cannot guarantee it as a future option. Therefore, I may be forced to downgrade to a lesser model.
    They've had 3 - 9" (not counting the grifone lengths of up to 20") for the .357, including 5", which was originally called the "dynamic sportiva". Plenty on google over the years, typically with the compensator. Mateba just copied from Matebafan's site and he didn't list the 5" for whatever reason. Hence why I'm questioning the limitation.

Edit 2: The longer .357 lengths (over 6") I don't believe made it to North America, but there were some oddities in Europe directly from the factory.

I too would prefer the .454.

Edit: Did you phone them as well? I couldn't make heads or tails out of what the person on the other end was saying lol!
    Last edited by Bracketman; 06-17-2018 at 12:52 AM.

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Unfortunately due to the limited nature of this production and the MOQ requirements from the manufacturer, we won't be able to offer additionally available spare parts/accessories. Parts for warranty will still be available however.

We will try and get the recoil spring for .38spl/44spl but no further info at this time
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

Ming..

Definitely in the mood for a fun .44MAG blaster. Hmmm...the 8" Nickle Mateba or a Desert Eagle???

Lets see some pics of what we're getting. Internet images are quite varied
    Wherever you go, there you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Caboose View Post
    Definitely in the mood for a fun .44MAG blaster. Hmmm...the 8" Nickle Mateba or a Desert Eagle???

Lets see some pics of what we're getting. Internet images are quite varied

I don't know how to post pictures, so here is a link:

8", Nickel, Mateba Unica 6

https://www.reddit.com/r/guns/comments/2d0v5z/recently_picked_up_this_mateba_6_unica/

Quote Originally Posted by 7offsuit2 View Post
    I don't know how to post pictures, so here is a link:

8", Nickel, Mateba Unica 6

https://www.reddit.com/r/guns/commen...ateba_6_unica/
    According to the thread, it's 15 years old.

Some funny comments, too.
    CCFR Member & CSSA Member • “Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.” - HST

Here is another look:

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1436110

From my understanding, the small mounting block(?) with the 3 holes, below the frame, belongs to .44 magnum and up.

Those void of the features are .357 models.

Cheers!

~ Thomas H.