Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Back from the Dead: LAST CHANCE TO OWN THE LEGENDARY MATEBA MODEL 6 AUTOREVOLVER

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 7offsuit2 View Post
    Here is another look:

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1436110

From my understanding, the small mounting block(?) with the 3 holes, below the frame, belongs to .44 magnum and up.

Those void of the features are .357 models.

Cheers!

~ Thomas H.
    No, the 3 hole mounting area became standard a few years after the original production, and all calibers can have them (at least according to a few multi-Mateba owners). Plenty of .357 versions with the 3 holes on Google images. Don't know if the option was there after to have it not included, or if the option was even available to be included on the earlier models. Also don't have a clue as to which way they're making these current versions, but if the IWA 2018 photos are accurate, they should have the 3 holes.

Edit: could be an option on the .357's later on. They definitely made them, but the # of them I'm seeing don't seem to indicate they were standard as some people I talked with said they were.

As for barrel length & shroud options, we really, really, REALLY need a photo of what we might be purchasing. The shrouds change depending upon the threading option available, as an 8" can either be flush with the 4-ribbed shroud if not threaded, or extend past the 3-ribbed shroud if threaded. Same principal applies for the 6". As for the 5", could go a few different ways as well. Once again, the pics at IWA 2018 show threaded & compensated versions - but is this what we're supposedly getting or not?

Edit 2: also wondering what sights there are coming with? Seen straight black sights, sights with dots (which they currently have listed under parts), and actual fiber optics of some sort.. though for these I'm unsure if factory or not?
    Last edited by Bracketman; 06-21-2018 at 01:20 AM.

CGN Regular
    And TI, just to be clear, the $300 additional option is for the full scope mount? Maybe I'm assuming too much??

https://www.mateba-italy.com/en/Hand...ifone-357-mag/

Edit: … and no spare parts, and possibly no springs. Ouch.
    Last edited by Bracketman; 06-21-2018 at 01:15 AM.

I wouldn't be shocked if they were the mounting point for the "Gryphone" handguard: as a way to simplify production.

That way, apart from a 8" shroud, barrel and a pistol grip with a stock mounting block for ease of manufacture.

Cheers!

~ Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Bracketman View Post
    No, the 3 hole mounting area became standard a few years after the original production, and all calibers can have them (at least according to a few multi-Mateba owners). Plenty of .357 versions with the 3 holes on Google images. Don't know if the option was there after to have it not included, or if the option was even available to be included on the earlier models. Also don't have a clue as to which way they're making these current versions, but if the IWA 2018 photos are accurate, they should have the 3 holes.

Edit: could be an option on the .357's later on. They definitely made them, but the # of them I'm seeing don't seem to indicate they were standard as some people I talked with said they were.

As for barrel length & shroud options, we really, really, REALLY need a photo of what we might be purchasing. The shrouds change depending upon the threading option available, as an 8" can either be flush with the 4-ribbed shroud if not threaded, or extend past the 3-ribbed shroud if threaded. Same principal applies for the 6". As for the 5", could go a few different ways as well. Once again, the pics at IWA 2018 show threaded & compensated versions - but is this what we're supposedly getting or not?

Edit 2: also wondering what sights there are coming with? Seen straight black sights, sights with dots (which they currently have listed under parts), and actual fiber optics of some sort.. though for these I'm unsure if factory or not?

I'm really hoping for a full length 8" shroud and no comp...
    Wherever you go, there you are.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer KotKotofeich's Avatar
    So, the deadline still staying the 24th?

Quote Originally Posted by KotKotofeich View Post
    So, the deadline still staying the 24th?
    Well, I can make it. I managed to scrape enough cash after selling a lot of firearms at a discount to get fast sales... Sob.

I will pay sometime around Saturday or Sunday.

*Order Confirmed*

Last edited by 7offsuit2; 06-24-2018 at 01:28 AM.

What's going on with this? Have you heard anything?
    Wherever you go, there you are.

If not too late, I'm still squarely on the fence as well.

Although I very much appreciate that you've given our market a rare opportunity to own a very unique firearm, I'm increasingly worried that this will be a $3000 safe queen out of fear that it becomes a $3000 paperweight. And still not 100% sure as to what is being offered in terms of final look and presentation.
    CCFR Member & CSSA Member • “Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.” - HST

Its no longer for sale on the website, I missed out on this opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plisken View Post
    Its no longer for sale on the website, I missed out on this opportunity.
    Isn't it? Link on the first post still works. Shows up when I search it.
    I know, it's going to be so awesome! /)^ε^(\