Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: Back from the Dead: LAST CHANCE TO OWN THE LEGENDARY MATEBA MODEL 6 AUTOREVOLVER

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 7offsuit2 View Post
    Can you get Mateba to send you side by side comparisons of the various calibre models and barrel lengths?
    This would be helpful (including which shroud lengths they are coming with). Google search is all over the place when it comes to the barrel/shroud lengths.

Also still waiting for the info on spare parts/barrels/shrouds/compensators, etc., and if these have to be purchased for the pre-order or if they can be added in after. Also holding out hope for a default .357 version with a 5" compensated barrel - or a .454 if they make them again. Only a couple of weeks left and the info is pretty sparse.

Quote Originally Posted by Bracketman View Post
    This would be helpful (including which shroud lengths they are coming with). Google search is all over the place when it comes to the barrel/shroud lengths.

Also still waiting for the info on spare parts/barrels/shrouds/compensators, etc., and if these have to be purchased for the pre-order or if they can be added in after. Also holding out hope for a default .357 version with a 5" compensated barrel - or a .454 if they make them again. Only a couple of weeks left and the info is pretty sparse.
    Sitting on the fence currently; getting some more info such as this just might help push me off squarely on the team Mateba side.

Would also like more info on warranty/parts kits, as well as pics of this newest production run, including differences between the stainless vs. nickel finish.
    CCFR Member & CSSA Member • “Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.” - HST

CGN frequent flyer
    I wonder if they'll remake the 2006M.
    CCFR & CSSA Member

I got a fever, and the only prescription is more handguns.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer KotKotofeich's Avatar
    Seconded on needing more comparative pictures. Also a picture of that weaver mount...

CGN frequent flyer
    So I was poking around, looking for 6 Unica pictures and the ones you have of the blued 6-inch .44 are 3D models. (https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Vb6vN) Are there any actual pictures of what this current incarnation of Mateba is putting out?
    CCFR & CSSA Member

I got a fever, and the only prescription is more handguns.

Different finishes side by sides would be fantastic too... I have the $$$$ for a Mateba order now, TI - I just need help to choose the right look/length.

...Of course, spare barrels/ springs as an option could help even further...

Cheers!

~ Tom with pending cash.

CGN Regular
    *Crickets*

I'm thinking I might just give Mateba a call early this morning.. I'm sure someone there speaks English and can provide information!

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    We have been emailing them several times per week, still havent got the info we need yet. We may extend the deadline accordingly depending on when we receive the pricing
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Imports View Post
    We have been emailing them several times per week, still havent got the info we need yet. We may extend the deadline accordingly depending on when we receive the pricing
    Sounds good, thanks. Only so much one can do on this end. Just hope their inattention isn't indicative of their after sales support.
    CCFR Member & CSSA Member • “Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.” - HST

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Imports View Post
    Thanks for the update. I also did contact them by phone, but the language barrier is there and I couldn't understand much from the person I was talking to - conversation lasted about 2 1/2 minutes.

From what I could gather they told me to look at the website - but the website isn't working correctly (certificate error of some sort or it's hacked, something along those lines). I do know that when you look at their website they copied/pasted their product description from the Matebafan website for the .357 info, so you get all calibers and barrel lengths being offered (minus 5", though it was offered in the past so I'm assuming Matebafan missed this). For the .44 mag main description, it states barrel lengths from 5 - 8". I will assume that the .357 will also have a 5" barrel option, since it wouldn't make much sense if it didn't.

Under the parts category for revolvers there is nothing listed but the picatinny mounts - and that is a big problem if true. However, even at the recent IWA when Mateba was there, we can clearly see they had compensators on at least one 6 Unica, so I would assume spare & accessory parts can be purchased, they just don't have them listed.

I can also say I'm far more concerned with spare & additional parts than any warranty work. Since this company stopped producing these guns for almost 20 years, and if this is a limited time event, I can't see them hoarding any parts for future issues. Springs, grips, compensators, barrels & shrouds (edit: and cylinders) - these are the main items & prices I need to know. Any other extra stuff you can coax out of them, great.

I also don't know if they said they're making .454 versions or not.. I heard yes and no lol.
    Last edited by Bracketman; 06-15-2018 at 08:11 AM.