Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8101112131415161718

Thread: Back from the Dead: LAST CHANCE TO OWN THE LEGENDARY MATEBA MODEL 6 AUTOREVOLVER

If anyone wants to sell their spot, please PM me..

Unfortunately this turned into a scam.

I was just informed by the individual I bought my 6 Unica from in Italy that "Mateba Italia SRL" (the new mateba) is not a legitimate company anymore.

It started out legitimate, and the CEO Andrea Ceron was fully intending to manufacture new production Mateba 6 Unica revolvers. The company was eventually taken over by Domenico Libro. We found out recently Dom was previously convicted of bankruptcy fraud in 2011 and had no prior firearm experience. https://roma.repubblica.it/cronaca/2...otta-18379583/

Totally unexpected. This Dom guy even showed up to SHOT show in 2019, I believe. I was confused when I didn't see him there this year. Dom apparently did not pay his pension contributions for 3 years, and Andrea left the company because of this. I imagine that's when the idea of new production pistols died and turned into a scam.

There is an active thread on the topic on /k/, but I'm not going to link that here.
    Last edited by JaredP; 06-18-2020 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredP View Post
    Unfortunately this turned into a scam.

I was just informed by the individual I bought my 6 Unica from in Italy that "Mateba Italia SRL" (the new mateba) is not a legitimate company anymore.

It started out legitimate, and the CEO Andrea Ceron was fully intending to manufacture new production Mateba 6 Unica revolvers. The company was eventually taken over by Domenico Libro. We found out recently Dom was previously convicted of bankruptcy fraud in 2011 and had no prior firearm experience. https://roma.repubblica.it/cronaca/2...otta-18379583/

Totally unexpected. This Dom guy even showed up to SHOT show in 2019, I believe. I was confused when I didn't see him there this year. Dom apparently did not pay his pension contributions for 3 years, and Andrea left the company because of this. I imagine that's when the idea of new production pistols died and turned into a scam.

There is an active thread on the topic on /k/, but I'm not going to link that here.
    Ouch....
    Tiocfaidh Ár Lá - Éirinn Go Brách

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Here is the Google Translate of the article you mention from June 29, 2011 (which is almost 7 years before Tactical Imports started the pre-order:

INQUIRY
    Empty company with the "Pambianchi method"
    Arrested for bankruptcy gas manager
    To evade the taxman, the healthy company closes: € 30 million abroad. Domenico Libro, owner of Ferronova. The leading gas transport company was dismembered in 2008 after the offenses
    by MARIA ELENA VINCENZI

A company gradually emptied and brought to bankruptcy. To then reopen another, with a different name, but with the same purpose, the same goods, the same owner. A way to save assets and evade tax. Thus ended up in prison, for fraudulent bankruptcy, Domenico Maria Libro, owner of Ferronova Srl, a Roman company leader in the rail transport of gas to and from Italy. The businessman was arrested by the financiers of the tax police nucleus of the provincial command of Rome on the orders of the prosecutor Paolo D'Ovidio.

The investigation was initiated following the bankruptcy of Ferronova (declared by the court in April 2008), a company that, since the liberalization of rail transport, had earned about 70 percent of the gas market share. The same fate also occurred to a second company, always attributable to Libro, Del Fungo Giera, which went bankrupt in 2009.

A reality that was fine, therefore. Until, at a certain point, the collapse began. An inexplicable crisis for a group that apparently enjoyed good health. Thus began the investigations that unmasked a now common system: Ferronova was deliberately brought to bankruptcy after being completely emptied, so as to be able to take on all its debts, both those towards the tax and the bank ones: a drain of 10 million of Euro. And to be able, at the same time, to transfer all the company's assets, from around 30 million euros (which included means of transport, authorizations and licenses for the transport by rail of dangerous goods such as gas and fuels and contracts stipulated with important Italian and foreign customers) to a new company, headed by a figurehead, but in fact always attributable to him, Book. The Del Fungo Giera, in fact. Then, in turn, emptied again.

A mechanism, similar to that used by the Pambianchi and Mazzieri studio for their clients, which was based on many different operations devised to "drive" bankruptcy and, in the meantime, prevent the ascertainment of criminal liability. This is why the constant changes of name, the corporate transformations, the extraordinary transactions (including also the transfers of business branches), the absence of much of the accounting documentation, the simulated loans and the exposures of fictitious liabilities. And to top it all off, Libro also moved his residence to London.

Dynamic, those set up for Ferronova, which were then promptly replicated for the second company, Del Fungo Giera, declared bankrupt by the Court of Rome on May 20, 2009. Then, again, renamed Impresa Ferroviaria Italiana Spa.

(June 29, 2011) © Reproduction reserved
    If what you are saying is true, Tactical Imports needs to comment.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    This is disconcerting, however their behavior isn't consistent with scamming. They would gain much more profit from actually producing these then from scamming a couple orders, plus there's been many production updates and work on other projects and they keep in regular contact. We think delays are mostly due to production issues moving from hand-fitting to CNC which they don't want to admit

However we will look into our options, of which it would not be wise to post publicly about. As soon as we have any news we will be able to share
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca