Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: May 2018 10/10 Mag Updates - With Video!

Expired Business Member

May 2018 10/10 Mag Updates - With Video!

Hey fellow CGN members,

After a lengthy delay, we’re back, with updates! We anticipated being into production months ago, unfortunately we hit major hurdles in the injection moulding process. Previous release estimates were correlated with timelines provided by those looking after the moulding for us; who ended up being unable to execute to our standards.

After compounding issues and delays, we decided to make the considerable investment to bring all injection molding in house, while expanding our existing machine shop to set up a cutting edge Tool Room (the side of the shop that makes the moulds). This equipment was ordered last fall, and is now on our floor being installed.

From the design, to machining/mould making, to injection moulding, to packaging, we now have full control of every element - everything is being executed all within 4 walls in Abbotsford, BC. We are now truly 100% in house and along with full control of production, comes a better ability to speak to timelines.

We are working with a few Canadian distributors right now and expect that we will have an official release date by the end of June. We are aiming for an August / September 2018 release and our distributors will have access to plenty of inventory.

Over the next month, we will keep our Instagram page @crossindustries updated with a behind the scenes look at production as we ramp up to release.

In March we had attended IWA2018 in Nurnberg Germany, made great connections, and received some great feedback. The below trade show video was shot for our booth, and serves as a great teaser for what’s to come!

Thank you for your patience, we can't wait to get these mags in your hands and we’re looking forward to keeping you updated with timelines and content moving forward!
    Last edited by Cross Industries; 05-23-2018 at 05:11 PM.

Cool. Tagged!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Please tell me you will have these in 7.62x39 aswell
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

CGN Regular
    Fantastic idea. I love the innovation.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    Please tell me you will have these in 7.62x39 aswell
    We will continually be coming out with new innovative products. At this point we can't confirm what's next but we hear the cry for 7.62x39 and other calibers.
    Last edited by Cross Industries; 05-23-2018 at 08:17 PM.

Very excited!

I know this caliber is not as in demand as others but considering that the xcr-l pistol is available in 6.8 SPC, I think it would be pretty nifty if you guys were the first to bring 10 round 6.8 magazines to market. It would definitely bring some more interest to the cartridge as well, I imagine it could be worth looking into!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    Still wish the clear ones were a thing

Any chance you could make a dummy lower mag to give us 20 or 30 round lengths but without the additional capacity?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Once these magazines are up and running;
    Your next product should be extended baseplates that snap on.

By "extended" I mean a good couple of inches.
    For those of us that want something to grab onto, but don't like coupled magazines.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnC6 View Post
    Still wish the clear ones were a thing
    They are! We'll have them available in transparent, smoked (seen here), Flat Dark Earth, and Olive Drab Green.

Transparent is merely the polymer (that we've R&D's specifically for these mags) without the smoked, FDE, or ODG dyes injected.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast