Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112131415161718192022 ... LastLast

Thread: LAR-15 223-556 Stainless 10 Round pistol Magazine in Canada 23.94USD

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tharkhold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BadRonin View Post
    ETA on next load...?
    that's what she asked... hahaha

But seriously, was considering these, but with the reported 10 rounds being tight issue, I'll wait/pass for now.
    Last edited by tharkhold; 06-10-2018 at 09:49 AM.
    'nada

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by chicu1981 View Post
    IRG can u please confirm if more are in the way?
    Same here what's up... can we backorder?
    CCFR, CSSA Member

any time back in stock ?

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    Just tested mine and they are kinda ####ty. Really hard to insert the 10th round, one is really a 9 rounds magazine; not one out of 6 inserts correctly with a closed bolt. The finish scratches really easily. They all got scratched during shipping just to give you an idea.

Not impressed. All they had to do was to pin 2-3 mm lower. Very good idea that was very badly executed. So frustrating to know that it would have reached 100% on the cool-o-meter if it was built correctly but now it's about on par with the MFT plastic magazines
    I received my order, same issue as you. Should of been a few millimeters of more room. On the tenth round, one mags follower was jammed and did not feed any rounds. Hopefully with some working in, it will loosen up..... Other than that, they are still my favourite legal mags.
    Member of Ontario PC, CPC and CCFR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish7 View Post
    I received my order, same issue as you. Should of been a few millimeters of more room. On the tenth round, one mags follower was jammed and did not feed any rounds. Hopefully with some working in, it will loosen up..... Other than that, they are still my favourite legal mags.
    I had 2/6 where the follower jammed. One of them is the one I just declare a 9 rounder cause the 10th round doesn't fit at all.

All the magazines function properly with 9 rounds, but this is kinda dumb. How are we supposed to fit, say, 100 rounds? 11 mags + 1 in chamber?????

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    I had 2/6 where the follower jammed. One of them is the one I just declare a 9 rounder cause the 10th round doesn't fit at all.

All the magazines function properly with 9 rounds, but this is kinda dumb. How are we supposed to fit, say, 100 rounds? 11 mags + 1 in chamber?????
    These sound like a bunch of junk to me.....was gonna order a 12 pack.....glad I didnt......sorry to hear about this

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironheart View Post
    These sound like a bunch of junk to me.....was gonna order a 12 pack.....glad I didnt......sorry to hear about this
    Me too... procrastinated ordering until they were sold out, glad I did!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    They're not junk, that's why it's so frustrating. If any care at all had been taken when they crimped them, they would work 100% well. It's like a really nice car but the 5th gear is blocked at the gear stick. It's there in the transmission and all, but you can't access it.

The 10 mags I got fed fine and could hold 10 rounds each.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Had my 4 at the range today. They all fit the 10th round tight. With an 11th round chambered first from a stripper mag and with a thump on the mag bottom they all seated and would cycle.

Only 1 of the 4 would insert in the mag well of the T97. That particular mag gave me failure to feed jams part way through the mag in the Colt 6920 with Aero lower more often then not. Yet ran 100% in the T97 (gen 1 with feed ramps done up).

The other 3 mags worked fine after a couple of the same failures in the Colt. The jams looked like the bolt running over the rounds part way then crushing the brass. Odd as these have anti tilt followers. After a generous lube of the feed lips and light lube of the mag body walls above the crimp with CLP, the remaining 3 mags worked 100% in the Colt.

That first mag gave me 1 more FU in the Colt however before packing up.

In the end I got 1 T97 mag and 3 AR15 mags. All need a seating smack like a full 30rd mag would on a closed bolt (some would say of good training value). Finish is of a dry course phosphate that inhibits smooth follower movement, which I had to overcome with CLP for more reliable function.

Conclusion - I am content. Not ecstatic, but content. Don't think they will be counted on for IPSC matches.

Moe
    Last edited by Moe; 06-11-2018 at 11:47 PM. Reason: typo
    Thank you Stanislav Petrov..... every living thing thanks you.