Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 791011121314151617181920212223242527 ... LastLast

Thread: LAR-15 223-556 Stainless 10 Round pistol Magazine in Canada 23.94USD

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Donut View Post
    I can sense your great respect for members of the Canadian Forces.

It’s his equipment when it’s $hitty and half a century old, but it’s the tax payer’s when it needs to be updated, that sounds fair. The last time I checked, members of the CF pay income tax like any other citizen.

To answer your question “What kind of dolt closes the bolt to put a mag in?” the answer can be found here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/department-...t=270402396712

In case that’s not your cup of tea, that’s how soldiers are taught.

I would imagine SOPs vary when the range becomes two-ways. If you've experienced this, perhaps you can enlighten us.

Soldiers don’t chamber a round unless they are told to do so. They don’t have a bolt racked back and ready to go forward when order to load is given. Even when they are told to make ready, they will close the dust cover and put the weapon on safe after chambering a round.

The exception is when they’re already firing their weapon and the bolt locks back on an empty magazine, or after clearing some other stoppage. Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but these may be the only times soldiers will feed a loaded magazine with the BCG locked back.

I didn’t write the PAM, but I would imagine there are certain levels of readiness where it would be beneficial for a rifle to have a mag in it, but no round chambered.

But it's good to know you support our troops.

ETA: Apologies to IRG for going off topic.
    Pretty much correct. It depends on the rules of engagement, but very often your rifle is either completely unloaded, or you insert a loaded mag but you don't chamber a round. When TSHTF, you pull the charging handle and you're loaded, ready to go. If you couldn't use them that way, they wouldn't be considered 30 rounders. You would have to walk around with one of your magazine partially empty, and make sure this is the one you use first.

Every AR mag I've ever had could chamber on a closed bolt when at full capacity. This is true for pistol 10/10 mags (the CPD and MFT), military 30 rounders, or civilian 30 rounders in US. I've used only a few canadian military mags, so I suppose some might be of questionnable quality, but plenty of 30 rounders in US, and they've all worked correctly. It really is the same thins as any pistol magazine, if you can't insert it and rack the slide, then it doesn't work correctly.

The point is very moot however. These ones just have to be crimped correctly, just a tiny bit lower.

Thanks for your patience everyone. Anyone who has had issues with their magazines, please e-mail JF at jf@irunguns.ca to let him know about your issue(s) and to get an RMA for replacement magazines.
    Thanks IRG, will do!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    Pretty much correct. It depends on the rules of engagement, but very often your rifle is either completely unloaded, or you insert a loaded mag but you don't chamber a round. When TSHTF, you pull the charging handle and you're loaded, ready to go. If you couldn't use them that way, they wouldn't be considered 30 rounders. You would have to walk around with one of your magazine partially empty, and make sure this is the one you use first.

Every AR mag I've ever had could chamber on a closed bolt when at full capacity. This is true for pistol 10/10 mags (the CPD and MFT), military 30 rounders, or civilian 30 rounders in US. I've used only a few canadian military mags, so I suppose some might be of questionnable quality, but plenty of 30 rounders in US, and they've all worked correctly. It really is the same thins as any pistol magazine, if you can't insert it and rack the slide, then it doesn't work correctly.

The point is very moot however. These ones just have to be crimped correctly, just a tiny bit lower.

Thanks IRG, will do!
    Interestingly myself and two other people who have MFT have to hit the magazines HARD to get them to lock in on a closed bolt. They are all bought within the last 6 months to a year

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rikkards View Post
    Interestingly myself and two other people who have MFT have to hit the magazines HARD to get them to lock in on a closed bolt. They are all bought within the last 6 months to a year
    What gun was this on?

Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    Thanks for your patience everyone. Anyone who has had issues with their magazines, please e-mail JF at jf@irunguns.ca to let him know about your issue(s) and to get an RMA for replacement magazines.
    Email sent.

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    Email sent as well. Thanks
    Member of Ontario PC, CPC and CCFR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer easysauce's Avatar
    any idea when more will come in?
    No drop of water blames itself for the flood

Quote Originally Posted by rikkards View Post
    Same with mine.

For those wondering, Had similar issue with my first 2 MFT mags, took a file to the bottom of the follower and shaved a few millimeters off....

Worked for me, they now fit just like pmags in my Colt LE 6920 M4 with a closed bolt.
    Last edited by TheNavyBoy; 06-27-2018 at 01:30 AM.

CCFR Member

I still haven't gotten a reply for the RMAs

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Drift117 View Post
    I still haven't gotten a reply for the RMAs
    Me neither