Thread: CFO Closed...Restricted Transport to Gun Range...Am I Covered??

CFO Closed...Restricted Transport to Gun Range...Am I Covered??

Hello All,

Just a quick question about transporting a hand gun to the range this weekend. I know that you're supposed to have a transport authorization but the office at the RCMP says they're closed for the day (message says closed at 4:30pm...website says 5:00pm...and I started calling at 1:30pm...on a Friday...go figure!!).

So I did get this paper form after my last restricted purchase that has a bunch of "special conditions" stating..."These license conditions authorize the transport of restricted and/or prohibited firearms registered to the licence holder within their province of residence by a route that, in all circumstances, is reasonably direct for the specific indicated purposes."

Then..."blah, blah, blah...for the purpose of target practice to and from all shooting clubs and ranges....blah, blah, blah."

So, I never went to law school but it sounds like if I have the hand gun secured, unloaded, my license and this piece of paper...I can take it to the range provided I don't drive around town first. AM I READING THIS CORRECTLY??? Or is there a loophole that I don't know about?? (I'm too soft to go to prison...I'd never last, LOL!!!)

Much appreciated for the feedback!!

Rick

Under Bill C-42 your ATT authorization to transport is attached to your license.
    Lock your restricted as per regulations and transport away.

Shoot straight - chrisco
    There is no spoon

CGN frequent flyer
    You’re good to go as long as your conditions state your ATT is attached to your licence for the purposes of target shooting at any approved shooting range.

If it's a new restricted firearm make sure you received the registration certificate for it. If one already owned then you should be good to go as posted above.
    John 3:16. If not then unfortunately John 3:36
    Firearms owners are the difference between Tyranny & Freedom!!
    GUN CONTROL IS NOT CRIME CONTROL. ITS POPULATION CONTROL!
    Faith is not knowing what the future holds but knowing who holds the future

Awesome, thanks!!

They just keep making it harder and harder for law abiding folks to have some fun, don't they...

(I wonder if criminals have a hard time transporting their restricted weapons too, you know, with all the paperwork etc. LOL!!!!)

CHEERS!!!