Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ruger BX25 & Mini 14 & 30 Factory mags arriving soon!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    There is grey area on the butler creek ones though. They were designed long before the charger came to market.
    Again, the law doesn't say its strictly about design, it stated its also about what it is manufactured for.

Youza.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Youzawhale View Post
    It mentions the 10/22 model, and the charger pistol is most definitely a 10/22 receiver. Or are you argueing it isn't?

Youza.
    A large number of the BC mags were built and sold before the charger ever existed. How can those mags be designed or manufactured for a gun that didn't exist at the time?
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    A large number of the BC mags were built and sold before the charger ever existed. How can those mags be designed or manufactured for a gun that didn't exist at the time?
    Although this could be a valid point in court, the fact that there is no functionnal difference between older mags and currently manufactured ones my make it more complicated legally speaking.

Youza.

Quote Originally Posted by Youzawhale View Post
    You do realize that makes no difference, right?

It is also manufactured for use in a pistol. And as long as thats true, the law is clear.

Youza.
    I have this great idea, why not just make it illegal to use the BX 25 unpinned in the Ruger Charger........ whew that was hard to come up with lol
    Member of the CCFR

In a perfect world we would not need guns.....this is not a perfect world

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by rjf1963 View Post
    I have this great idea, why not just make it illegal to use the BX 25 unpinned in the Ruger Charger........ whew that was hard to come up with lol
    Its not that its hard to come up with, its just that its not how the current law is written.

Youza.

And we let the RCMP do it.

Any letters and emails I sent to MPs on the topic of Ruger 10/22 got shot back out to me claiming no MP has the balls to step up and over RCMP opinions and their interpretation of the laws they enforce. I would gladly purchase BX25s over Butler Creeks 25rd magazines. I would purchase a couple of them right now if I felt we could unpin them legally in the near future.

Because those e-petitions have made a difference (eye roll)
    My drinking team has a IPSC problem.

How much for the bx 25?
    Last edited by Nbhunt3r; 05-29-2018 at 08:08 PM.

I blame ruger for calling the charger a pistol. It’s iust a 10/22 with a short barrel, they only called it a pistol to get around the NFA rules in the states dealing with SBRs

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyledempsey1 View Post
    The butler creek 25 round mags where designed for the ruger 10/22 long before the charger pistol was even thought of. End of story
    Then pony up the lawsuit money, then we get a decision for sure. Otherwise, Hical is wise to pin them.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by srnm View Post
    I blame ruger for calling the charger a pistol. It’s iust a 10/22 with a short barrel, they only called it a pistol to get around the NFA rules in the states dealing with SBRs
    Or our officials. If the Mares leg can be legally a rifle in Canada, why not the charger?
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast