Tanfoglio goodness! Thanks Freedom Ventures!

Trinimon

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
128   0   0
I meant to post this sooner but been swamped these few weeks. Thanks to the great folks at Freedom Ventures for getting me my Tanfoglio 2018 Limited Custom and getting me my special order parts in record time and answering my million questions. These guys know their Tanfoglios!

28165755588_047b1f8770_b.jpg

41338888065_4657539f1b_b.jpg

Very Very Nice!!! I got my LC from them earlier this year as well. They were Great to deal with and Answered all my questions as well. Yours looks great in the black!

Nice!
Can you post a pic of the sight picture? I'm thinking about swapping the rear sight of my shadow2 for an LPA adjustable.

How do you like it compared to he shadow2?

I did notice that it mine had a bit of grit as well. Mine smoothed right out after about 800-1000rds. I have thought about throwing some extreme parts but I am not sure its necessary.

I polished up my parts and it's silky smooth. The only Xtreme parts I upgraded were the Xtreme light hammer and firing pin springs, Xtreme Pro semi-flat trigger, Xtreme ambi safety and sear. The Xtreme sear made for a nice crisper trigger break over the stock one but I had to polish it a little. The edges of the sear weren't very sharp and I had a nice blob from the casting process but it was not anywhere where it would make contact.

Excellent, I was thinking of those exact parts. I would for sure like a flat faced trigger. With you lightening the hammer can you have light primer strikes?

Excellent, I was thinking of those exact parts. I would for sure like a flat faced trigger. With you lightening the hammer can you have light primer strikes?

Oh, I also bought an Xtreme extra length firing pin. Not the newer 2.0 one which I hear doesn't work with the stock FP safety block from what I've read.

I polished the firing pin chamber and firing pin as well as the FP block. After a bit of dry firing, my trigger breaks at just under 2lbs now. I made up 5pcs each using empty cases with flush, slightly raised and high primers. All the flush and slightly raised primers popped on the first try. The high primers needed 2x strikes to ignite as it would with most guns. I was thinking about getting the Titan hammer but since I'm getting solid ignition and good, deep indentations in the primers, I think I'm good. Though the Titan hammer would be a nice added reassurance during matches.

Back
Top Bottom