Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tanfoglio goodness! Thanks Freedom Ventures!

Oh that is hot. Well done.
    Round count ++

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trinimon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    Thanks. It looks about like a S1 rear sight with a S2 front sight. I'm gonna order one.
    They are pretty sweet when they are slicked up. Out of the box, the trigger was a lot grittier than the S2.
    CSSA Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Look good.

DAMN!!!!!!!! That’s a fine ass pistol.

May have to have one! Beauty..

Quote Originally Posted by Trinimon View Post
    Out of the box, the trigger was a lot grittier than the S2.
    I did notice that it mine had a bit of grit as well. Mine smoothed right out after about 800-1000rds. I have thought about throwing some extreme parts but I am not sure its necessary.
    Heckler and Koch - USP Tactical 45 Match/Hybrid LEM - Best trigger setup for any USP!!
    Heckler and Koch - USP Elite 9mm Match/Hybrid LEM!
    Smith and Wesson 1076-FBI 10mm 4.25" 200gr@1225fps!!!

Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Deaus View Post
    I did notice that it mine had a bit of grit as well. Mine smoothed right out after about 800-1000rds. I have thought about throwing some extreme parts but I am not sure its necessary.
    I polished up my parts and it's silky smooth. The only Xtreme parts I upgraded were the Xtreme light hammer and firing pin springs, Xtreme Pro semi-flat trigger, Xtreme ambi safety and sear. The Xtreme sear made for a nice crisper trigger break over the stock one but I had to polish it a little. The edges of the sear weren't very sharp and I had a nice blob from the casting process but it was not anywhere where it would make contact.
    CSSA Member

Excellent, I was thinking of those exact parts. I would for sure like a flat faced trigger. With you lightening the hammer can you have light primer strikes?
    Heckler and Koch - USP Tactical 45 Match/Hybrid LEM - Best trigger setup for any USP!!
    Heckler and Koch - USP Elite 9mm Match/Hybrid LEM!
    Smith and Wesson 1076-FBI 10mm 4.25" 200gr@1225fps!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deaus View Post
    Excellent, I was thinking of those exact parts. I would for sure like a flat faced trigger. With you lightening the hammer can you have light primer strikes?
    Oh, I also bought an Xtreme extra length firing pin. Not the newer 2.0 one which I hear doesn't work with the stock FP safety block from what I've read.

I polished the firing pin chamber and firing pin as well as the FP block. After a bit of dry firing, my trigger breaks at just under 2lbs now. I made up 5pcs each using empty cases with flush, slightly raised and high primers. All the flush and slightly raised primers popped on the first try. The high primers needed 2x strikes to ignite as it would with most guns. I was thinking about getting the Titan hammer but since I'm getting solid ignition and good, deep indentations in the primers, I think I'm good. Though the Titan hammer would be a nice added reassurance during matches.
    CSSA Member

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast