CMMG 22LR AR Conversion Kit $369 Spare Mags now available

ARMS EAST

Regular
Business Member
Rating - 95.7%
20   1   2
CMMG .22LR AR15 Conversion Kit. 3x 25rnd Mags. Only $369

CMMG 22LR Conversion Kits make it possible to shoot .22 Long Rifle ammunition out of an AR-15 rifle that is originally chambered in 5.56x45mm NATO/.223 Remington. CMMG’s 22LR Conversion Kit takes just seconds to install and is as easy as swapping the bolt carrier group for the 22LR Conversion Kit. The conversion kit operates on the blowback principle and is similar to other popular semi-automatic rifles. They do not utilize the impingement tube or piston to function – but they are piston compatible.

Spare Magazines now available here:

I'm curious, if one is shooting .22LR out of an AR-15, would it be preferable to use copper plated ammunition over lead? Would using lead bullets cause any issues with the barrel?

I'm curious, if one is shooting .22LR out of an AR-15, would it be preferable to use copper plated ammunition over lead? Would using lead bullets cause any issues with the barrel?

I don't think the non-copper plate causes problems. But I use copper plate with mine almost always, and like shooting copper plate in any .22, it's definitely cleaner.

Will this work in a maccabee SLR?

As long as the rifle is built on a 223 or 5.56 barrel I can't see why not.

Not necessary to use copper plated, but I would. Research I did shows that less waxy ammo and copper plated ammo reduces odds of plugging up the gas port/tube. Popular use is to shoot 5 to 10 rounds of 223/556 after every 100 rounds of 22lr to blast out any wax, copper, or lead fowling from the gas port and tube. I do this and I use CCI mini mag 36gr and 40gr. No issues IMHO with reliability about 99.5%

Moe

As long as the rifle is built on a 223 or 5.56 barrel I can't see why not.

Not necessary to use copper plated, but I would. Research I did shows that less waxy ammo and copper plated ammo reduces odds of plugging up the gas port/tube. Popular use is to shoot 5 to 10 rounds of 223/556 after every 100 rounds of 22lr to blast out any wax, copper, or lead fowling from the gas port and tube. I do this and I use CCI mini mag 36gr and 40gr. No issues IMHO with reliability about 99.5%

Moe

^^ This.

I shoot CCI Blazer through my AR. I just clean it out with a few mags of real ammo afterwards and then a good cleaning when I get home.

Back
Top Bottom