Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Canada's shortest NR firearm: Keltec KSG Tactical - 13.7" Barrel, 21.4" OAL.

Reference post #1

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reid199 View Post
    Reference post #1
    I still don't think you get it the serbu is restricted even with the dlask 8.5" is non restricted with a full length stock on it but o certain you put q pistol grip on it, it then becomes restricted
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    I still don't think you get it the serbu is restricted even with the dlask 8.5" is non restricted with a full length stock on it but o certain you put q pistol grip on it, it then becomes restricted
    Dlask 870s would be non restricted with a pistol grip if they came like that from Remington though right, they're only restricted because of the post factory modifications

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reid199 View Post
    Dlask 870s would be non restricted with a pistol grip if they came like that from Remington though right, they're only restricted because of the post factory modifications
    The RCMP arbitrarily made the decision on the Dlask as they were only manufactured and sold with the pistol grip from their factory from the start. Droves of people called the RCMP who couldn't understand the difference between manufactured and cutting up their own shotguns in their basement.

The RCMP would have put the same full stock requirement on the manufacturer of the Mares leg if in fact they wanted every manufacturer to stick to the OAL of 26" rule rather than arbitrarily apply it to only some manufacturers.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    ^^^ the serbu would be restricted here due to overall length of it
    More than likely the RCMP would look at it as a pistol of sorts like they did with the Dlask shot guns. They never did call the dlask shotguns handguns but they applied that thinking to them. Stupid. But its a lot harder to say a fully stocked bullpup is a handgun...
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Try registering a pump action shotgun as a pistol, you will be told no by the rcmp as it requires more than one hand to operate
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    Try registering a pump action shotgun as a pistol, you will be told no by the rcmp as it requires more than one hand to operate
    Exactly why that is not on the FRT. Luckily they (the RCMP) are allowed to arbitrarily do as they see fit. If Dlask doesn't like it they could have a viable court case, problem is they would spend how much to open the door for someone like CanAm to import a ton of grizzlies in the same configuration for 1/2 the price, so no one is willing to put up the dough to fight it.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Exactly why that is not on the FRT. Luckily they (the RCMP) are allowed to arbitrarily do as they see fit. If Dlask doesn't like it they could have a viable court case, problem is they would spend how much to open the door for someone like CanAm to import a ton of grizzlies in the same configuration for 1/2 the price, so no one is willing to put up the dough to fight it.
    Nobody has ever been able to bring the RCMP into the courtroom for a FRT classification challenge.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TreMoR's Avatar

« When injustice becomes law, resistance is a duty » - « Quand l'injustice devient loi, la résistance est un devoir » by : Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    This, but unfortunately for them a bullpup has a fixed stock integral to the design that cant be over looked which makes it impossible to be determined as a pistol.
    There is bullpup pistols, available in Canada too