Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Canada's shortest NR firearm: Keltec KSG Tactical - 13.7" Barrel, 21.4" OAL.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Not a handgun. Check.

Not a semi-auto. Check

Doesn't fold or telescope. Double check.

NON RESTRICTED FRT ALLREADY EXISTS YOU NAY SAYERS.

Hi Irg, Vault didn't bring these in due to some permiting issues, can you folks get us these?
    Updated the OP to limit the mindless comments by those who do not know the laws.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

That Tac is pretty sick!
    ̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿''̿ ̿ If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got. ̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿''̿ ̿

Definitely in.
    CSSA (life), NFA (life), CCFR (life)
    CDTSA
    ATHL, IDPA, IPSC(AB)

CGN frequent flyer
    That thing is so short i'd get confused which side is the stock and which is the muzzle!

want.

Youza.

CGN Regular
    So - by this logic, you could put a pistol grip with no stock on an 8" Dominion Arms Grizzly? Because it doesn't fold or telescope, it would be NR?

Quote Originally Posted by Astute Observer View Post
    So - by this logic, you could put a pistol grip with no stock on an 8" Dominion Arms Grizzly? Because it doesn't fold or telescope, it would be NR?
    Dlask had the 8.5 pistol gripped shotgun classified as NR back in the day but then a tonne of people probably asked the lab. IS THIS FOR REAL?????
    Then the RCMP went and said... "IT MAYBE A HANDGUN" and therefore a restricted firearm because it can be "operated with one hand" So.... again... do you want to be the first test case? and risk POUND YOU IN THE ASS PRISON for getting caught with one in the woods? You'll never get a straight answer, so err on the side of caution.

“handgun” means a firearm that is designed, altered or intended to be aimed and fired by the action of one hand, whether or not it has been redesigned or subsequently altered to be aimed and fired by the action of both hands; S84 of the criminal code.....

CGN Regular
    Good point - thanks for the clear explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Updated the OP to limit the mindless comments by those who do not know the laws.
    So instead of going on about what expert you are and how mindless everyone else is. Order the dam thing. Your the one who created a post instead of sending a PM to IRG

Quote Originally Posted by Astute Observer View Post
    No. You could not put one on after the case, as that would be "modified" via "other means" to shorten the OAL.

Restricted firearms include: handguns that are not prohibited; semi-automatic, centre-fire rifles and shotguns with a barrel shorter than 470 mm; rifles and shotguns that can be fired when their overall length has been reduced by folding, telescoping or other means to less than 660 mm
    However, in theory a pistol griped SBS from factory could be NR except that the RCMP call them handguns which is false. Only reason the KSG is getting special treatment is because its damn hard to call a fixed stock bullpup design a handgun.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    So instead of going on about what expert you are and how mindless everyone else is. Order the dam thing. Your the one who created a post instead of sending a PM to IRG
    Im just frustrated that when I clearly laid out why it was NR and that it allready has a NR FRT that over half the chatter is saying I am wrong.

And you cant just order one, a batch would need to be ordered and IRG would have to confirm they are able to export them. I made a thread as I knew this is something that will be of significant interest and wanted IRG to see that for motivation.

If you dont like getting called out for making a comment on something you are unknowledgable about, the internet is a poor place to make assumptions.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA