Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Sidewinder - an AR buffer tube folding adapter

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daver_II View Post
    People need to ask if these will work with an AR? Wow... people should learn how their gun works....
    To some, it’s obvious. To others, they could be new to the sports and are still learning or getting the terminology down.

Either way, we welcome comments and questions from the experienced and knowledgeable, as well as from those working to become so!

CGN frequent flyer Diamondback Six's Avatar
    Seattle, WA, USA--a neighbor to the South
    Clever... pity there isn't an AR-compatible version, the LAW Tactical sidefolder's one-direction-only fold is its biggest drawback. (As a lefty, the LAW would need to swing *through* my arm to snap into position.)
    Member NRA, SAF, FPC - WA State CPL
    I am a professional historian - when I draw comparisons between the actions of current and past governments, you can bet it is with great deliberation.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback Six View Post
    Clever... pity there isn't an AR-compatible version, the LAW Tactical sidefolder's one-direction-only fold is its biggest drawback. (As a lefty, the LAW would need to swing *through* my arm to snap into position.)
    We’re lefties too! We feel your pain!

CGN frequent flyer Diamondback Six's Avatar
    Seattle, WA, USA--a neighbor to the South
    Quote Originally Posted by Matador Arms View Post
    We’re lefties too! We feel your pain!
    On the other hand, left-side fold actually does work on the one folder build I've done... it brings the buffer and brace of my Discreet Carry PDW over to nicely blend with the forward 40-round spare magazine. (Here in Washington, if it's less than 16" barrel and I can fire it one-handed, I can legally pack it on my Concealed Pistol License--which seems a little odd for a 5.56 AR, but just like you guys up there with your pols and 'crats I don't make the rules, just try to play by 'em and if somebody leaves a gaping hole like this you better believe I'm gonna put a frickin' 747 right through the middle of it. )
    Member NRA, SAF, FPC - WA State CPL
    I am a professional historian - when I draw comparisons between the actions of current and past governments, you can bet it is with great deliberation.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    These folding stock adapters look like they would be a good add-on for the new Wolverine-180 rifles.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    These folding stock adapters look like they would be a good add-on for the new Wolverine-180 rifles.
    We’ve heard from a few folks who plan to use it on these!

This would be a great addition to the WK-180. Got a weight for the whole assembly? Curious how much it would add to the rifle and I'm looking to build a lightweight side-folder on it or perhaps a 10/22 in a PMACA chassis.
    Edit: I'm an idiot. 3.3 oz per the first post photo. That's fantastic!
    Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    You would be good to go legally.

CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

CGN Regular
    hmmmm now that is tempting!

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisselig View Post
    This would be a great addition to the WK-180. Got a weight for the whole assembly? Curious how much it would add to the rifle and I'm looking to build a lightweight side-folder on it or perhaps a 10/22 in a PMACA chassis.
    Edit: I'm an idiot. 3.3 oz per the first post photo. That's fantastic!
    Not an idiot at all! But yes, 3.3oz - nearly like it’s not even there!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast